cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Sky Sports UHD

According to the Sky Community forum BT Sport Ultimate is launching on Sky as a red button service. Is there any news on Sky Sports UHD on BT TV? This presumably now means you will be able to get both Sky and BT Sport in UHD via Sky but not BT.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-On/Changes-to-the-Sky-TV-guide-August-2022/td-p/4061607

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Sky Sports UHD

Hi @DarrenK98 

Just because Sky are making BT Sport Ultimate available on Sky Q doesn’t mean that Sky subscribers can watch it. I hope I am wrong but I suspect that you need a BT Sport on Sky with BT subscription to view it. Unless you know different?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

I'm just going off what I've seen, so just assumptions. It's going to be available on both Sky Q and Glass so I'd suspect it'll be available if you pay Sky for BT Sport.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

I can only imagine BT would allow this if they have got hold of some Sky Sports UHD content in return.

@NigelB72 will be pleased if that turns out to be the case.

I was getting ready to either buy BT TV or sign up for the app again to get access to BT Sport, delivery via satellite of BT Sport Ultimate would take the pressure off my internet connection so I will watch this with interest.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 5 of 13

And this follows SKY making UHD content available on a dedicated SKY Sports Main Event UHD channel, not just via the red button https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/sky-sports-main-event-to-launch-in-uhd-hdr

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

@stereohaven Sky Sports 4K with HDR (HDR10 not HLG) would be a bonus but NowTV at 1080p/50 is pretty darn good quality so I'm not waiting with bated breath 😆

Message 7 of 13

Well, I can see that BT themselves are confirming that BT Sport Ultimate will be available on Sky Q and Glass in 4K UHD HDR with Dolby Atmos (scroll down and click on "How do I watch BT Sport Ultimate?").

That may bode very well indeed in for those that want Sky Sports UHD content on BT TV. 

Still no clue as to whether this is included in current subscription arrangements or an additional charge. I suspect you will need to have BT Sports via Sky and their UHD pack. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 8 of 13

I’m assuming that it’s a similar arrangement to what happens with HD. If you pay BT for BT Sport on Sky you pay an additional charge for HD, but if you subscribe via Sky and you already pay for HD for your other channels then it will be included at no extra cost.

If BT Sport UHD is going to be available on Sky regardless of whether you pay BT or Sky, then it does seem difficult to believe that BT are not going to get access to Sky Sports UHD for their BT TV customers in return.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

I have BT sport on SKY but you need to pay BT for HD  even if you have SKY HD/UHD as the sky addition only covers SKY channels

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

@imjolly ok, I stand corrected. I don’t have Sky anymore.

0 Ratings