cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Sky Sports on BT UHD question

Go to solution

Am thinking of switching from Sky to BT - are the Sky Sports channels in UHD on BT?

Thanks (this is my first post)...!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Sky Sports on BT UHD question

Go to solution

Sky Sports on BT TV is currently just HD. There was talk about NOW getting UHD in the future but nothing official. UHD is something that Sky like to keep for Sky Q/Glass customers.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Wow, thanks for quick response. So if I get BT sports on my Sky package instead of switching, does BT Sports come in UHD?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

If you subscribe to BT Sport through Sky you don't get access to BT Sport Ultimate (UHD).

Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you so very much for this, what a minefield this is.  I think I'll ultimately go and make a bacon sarnie and forget the whole affair! 

All I wanted was to watch all the Sport on the TV in UHD, at a reasonable cost. They seem to have you over a barrel!

Very many thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Yeah it can get quite confusing with all the different ways you can subscribe. It's not currently possible to get both sports channels in UHD on one subscription. Hopefully it might change in the future but who knows.

Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
Well, again, very many thanks indeed. What a nice thing to have such quick response in these troubled times. Quite rare.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Sky Sport on BT is provided by Now with a standard res of 720. As above, the best you can get is 1080 & you have to pay a premium for that.

BT Sport on BT TV, that is receiving via a box, is a lowly 576 & again you need to pay a premium to upgrade. I've seen reports that both upgrades can be secured for a single premium if ordered together.

If you subscribe to BT Sport via the app then you get HD as standard. Any of the above will commit you to a two year contract of both TV & broadband.

Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@DarrenK98wrote:

...It's not currently possible to get both sports channels in UHD on one subscription.

Which is why some people who really want the best picture quality do the best deal they can and get access to both.

Usually this means either a BT Sport subscription with BT TV and then a Sky Q/Glass subscription, or a BT Sport app subscription and a Sky Q/Glass subscription. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Thank you very much. It's a minefield out there!
0 Ratings