cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Sky Sports on Extra Box(es).

Go to solution

I have asked this before but didn’t get an answer so I will try again.

To quote the Extra Box help pages "You can watch all the channels and Catch Up and On Demand services that you can view on your main box (excluding Sky Sportsand Sky Cinema)."

My question is, is this old information or does it apply to the Flexible Packages? The whole point of having an extra box is for some people to escape to watch sports, watch those early morning F1 races or in my case being old and decrepit to watch the second half of evening matches in bed. 

No guesses please, I need to know for certain as this is a new VIP package customer deal breaker. Thanks. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Sky Sports on Extra Box(es).

Go to solution

The subscription channels should be duplicated on your second box but the alternative is to use a streaming stick such as a Roku or Chromecast and use the NowTV or BT Sport app 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

You will need a multi room sky subscription to get sky sports on more than the main box

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @NigelB72   Thanks for the reply, note I am only interested in the Sky Sports channels live and recorded on a second BT TV box.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @imjolly   How much is a Sky Sports multi room subscription through BT? Note I am only talking about BT TV and not Sky.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Legacy BT TV packages had Sky Sports (Main Event and Extra) and Sky Cinema under a wholesale agreement. That appear to restrict their use to a single box.

The BT Tv /Now packages don't have that restriction but you would need the BT TV Extra Box addon  to include the Now channels on a second Youview box.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@VeteranISPUser if you're having Sky Sports through BT TV, I think Multiroom is £5 for an additional box.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

It would appear that the Can I watch BT TV in more than one room? help page needs updating as it specifically says (excluding Sky Sports and Sky Cinema).

Can I watch BT TV in more than one room? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @VeteranISPUser, thanks for highlighting that help page and I will get it raised so the information is brought up to date.

cheers

John

0 Ratings