cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david1982
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Sky sports SD/HD

I write as a non subscribed Sky sports viewer. I have been on and off in the past and thought I would like to watch the EFL play offs over the coming bank holiday weekend. Do I called the 0800 number and went through to Joseph in Newcastle. He said there was a problem with the account. He would pass this to another area of BT . I am now in communication with Sourav who tells me there is a speed problem with the line. I have had the 4k UHD box since September 2017 so do not understand this. I also on FTTP. Anyone any ideas on getting this sorted by THIS weekend.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Sky sports SD/HD

@david1982 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, with an FTTP connection line speed should not be an issue.

When you called was it the FTTP sales team you spoke to or normal customer services sales? I'd recommend you try 0800 587 4787 8am to 9pm Mon-Fri, 8am to 8pm Saturday, 9am to 6pm Sunday.

Post back and let us know how you get on. 

0 Ratings
david1982
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the information @NeilO. The number I called was 0800 800 150 which I suppose is sales. I will try the number you suggest and come back.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@david1982 No problem, I hope they can sort that for you as there should be no speed issues if you've a full fibre to the home connection.

0 Ratings
david1982
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Hello @NeilO. I called the number and apparently my order is still 'open'. Since Saturday? I have been promised a call back late tomorrow afternoon to tell me it's progress. Watch this space.
0 Ratings
djbeach73
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Is your tv smart? By that I mean does it have the capability of installing apps? If it doesnt I suggest you pickup a cheap now tv dongle/box which includes a sport pass in it, obviously won't be 4k or even HD but with a decent BB speed I find on my 55" samsung its passable (the image judder on the ball is abit irritating) I saw one in b&m the other week for £15 with either entertainment channels (not available on BT Youview) or cinema (which is available via Youview) & SkySports which comes with both will tide you over with transfer gossip until the new season. I wouldnt put faith in Bt fixing it b4 Mon but hope am wrong. Me? I've got a ticket, so I'll be there in person 🙂

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
david1982
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Sorry for late reply but was busy in a polling station all day Thursday. My call back did not come until 18:45 not 17:30 as promised. The matter has now been sorted and I have Sky Sports. It appears I still have a problem as I'm told I do not have BT broadband.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi @david1982 ,

Thanks for getting back to let us know the Sky Sports of things has been sorted. Is the BT Broadband listed on you MyBT? Were you advised what the problem might be?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings