cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Message 11 of 27

Re: Sky sports

Go to solution

Here we are with 5 weeks to the start of the 2019 Premier League and no information regarding the details of how the NOW TV programmes will be integrated or even any indication when (or beginning to think if), it starts.

On the 11th August there are two matches Newcastle v Arsenal & Man Utd v Chelsea which overlap and presently on BT TV we only have Sky Sports Main Event, so BT customers look likely to miss the Newcastle v Arsenal game should the start of the integration be delayed - or avoided if the integration goes ahead.

Come on BT, some details please.

Stew

KernowChris
Expert
Message 12 of 27

Go to solution

It's disappointing yes, 

but there is no clash on 11th August according to the list on the Sky Website.

The Newcastle Match kicks off at 1400, and the Manchester United one at 1630. 

The new Sunday KO times are 1400 and 1630 for the season, except if there's a 1200 KO too. 

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 13 of 27

Go to solution

According to Live Football, the Arsenal match is not being shown on Sky Sports Main Event.

Newcastle United v Arsenal

11 Aug 2019 at 14:00

Premier League

Sky Sports Premier League, Sky Sports Premier League HD, Sky Sports Ultra HD

Shared via the http://live-footballontv.com app

Stew

0 Ratings
alananne
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 27

Go to solution

One reason that I ditched the Sky add-on from BT and bought NowTV was Sky broadcasting Darts on Main Event on a Thursday night when Super League rugby only made Arena/Action. Even then I had a problem.

I have a Panasonic TV with a NowTV app pre-installed that will only sell me films. The online blurb for NowTV states clearly that it is not available on certain sets and Panasonic is one of them. Thanks to Chromecast I got around that with NowTV app on my phone.

What I would hope to see is NowTV as part of my BT package which can run on my Panasonic. Logically [I think its logical] that seems to be the only way that BT can be seen to extend the Sky Sports coverage.

Got a Thursday night clash again today with T20 cricket and Super League being shown but neither should be in BT package as Main Event has Netball World Cup.

Still I will see both through casting to Panasonic while running NowTV app on recently acquired Samsung [smarter than Panasonic] TV. [Because I cannot record anything]. But getting around problem is not what I thought I would be buying into when I switched to BT last October!!

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 27

Go to solution

According to a post by a "Community Manager" on the SkyQ forum (which I am not allowed to link to), the reverse of this deal (BT Sport being available to buy directly from Sky), has been pushed back to "Autumn at the earliest".

Read into that what you will. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
alananne
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 27

Go to solution

So...

Just rescanned article StewM added earlier.

Sky customers in UK will be able to  see all BT Sports without switching to BT.

BT customers will be able to see all Sky Sports without switching to Sky.

If I was being cynical [and I am never cynical more than three times a day] I would think delay benefits both sides as far as the sports packages are concerned. The minute the agreement is activated every customer has access to the same. Delay keeps the sports packages distinctive.

In the meantime I am paying Sky for NowTV. If I want more  I need to switch. So Stick or Twist.

Mexican Standoff?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 17 of 27

Go to solution

OK, I am reading on other websites that the cross wholesale deal is being delayed or in fact not going ahead as planned.

I for one took this agreement as a positive step for BT TV and was looking forward to be getting both BT Sports & Sky Sports channels on my BT Box. 

Please can we have some clarification/announcement please.

Stew

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 27

Go to solution

As an occasional follower of sports on Sky I just take a Now TV pass as and when needed. But that does mean watching it Live Live which is not always convenient so what I am waiting for is full Now TV on my BT Youview box which is recordable so I can starting watching As Live without other inconvenient things like work getting in the way.

cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 27

Go to solution

We would all like to have the full Sky Sports option with the ability to record and opt in and out as required but is that looking too good to be true?

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 27

Go to solution

@coopermanwrote:

We would all like to have the full Sky Sports option with the ability to record and opt in and out as required but is that looking too good to be true?

Currently, if noises elsewhere are to be believed, it is looking too good to be true for the start of the season, but we won't know for sure until BT confirm or deny. 

0 Ratings