Stew

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 22 of 27

Re: Sky sports

Go to solution

@StewM wrote:

According to Live Football, the Arsenal match is not being shown on Sky Sports Main Event.

Newcastle United v Arsenal

11 Aug 2019 at 14:00

Premier League

Sky Sports Premier League, Sky Sports Premier League HD, Sky Sports Ultra HD

Shared via the http://live-footballontv.com app

Stew

The England v Wales Rugby Union match  clashes with that fixture so that is I believe on the Sky Sports Main Event channel. So I would expect the Sky Sports Extra  channel to cover the Newcastle v Arsenal  game on the Youview BT boxes as that is it’s purpose.

0 Ratings
alananne
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 27

Go to solution

14 August is also the first day of second cricket test England - Australia at Lords.

Bear in mind at the end of an over in cricket resetting fielding positions offers constant advertising opportunities that are delayed while 90+ minutes of football is played and heaven knows how long in Union when ref stops clock! So all on Sky dedicated channels but who also gets the Main Event and who is the bridesmaid? Subscriber driven or advert revenue driven?

Its feels like BT want me to use NowTV.

0 Ratings
alananne
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 27

Go to solution

What I thought was a short term solution last year while I waited for BT to add the Sky Sports is now looking like a longer term proposition.

I pay Now TV *edit*  for access to ELEVEN Sky Sports channels instead of £36 to BT to miss out on anything not thought worthy of Main Event coverage.

*edit*

My current pass ends on Tuesday.

Are BT likely to add Sky Sports in the current year/football season and are they likely to match *edit*?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 25 of 27

Go to solution

At this time no one knows, or those that do, are no telling. Last post on here by Mods said BT & Sky are working on bringing the wholesale agreements together, but nothing more. 

I think it’s poor from BT. The original deal was announced in December 2017 and here we are in August 2019 and from a customers perspective, nothing has changed and to make matters worse, BT won’t even talk about it.

Talk about looking after your customers.

Stew

0 Ratings
timbo_lets_get_it
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 27

Go to solution

There is absolutely no chance of BT matching that *edit*. It’s 36 pounds and they have no control over that price.

NowTV isn’t an option for me. it isn’t in 1080p, and streams on these sorts of tv apps like nowtv, skyplayer,btplayer etc lag minutes behind. It’s not live. At least you know it’s live by getting direct through the Youview box. That feed is way better quality and lag speed than the feed via an app.

Id much rather pay the £36 and get it in 1080p. 720p is a deal breaker, this isn’t 2008. I only watch the premier league on sky sports, i only care about premier league (and champions league/premier league on BT of course). so while i think the current setup is a complete joke, it serves me well in a personal sense. the only time it didn’t, was that farce last season where i missed the first 12 minutes of Fulham v Liverpool because they didn’t even bother to switch it to the spillover channel. that spillover channel is absolutely pointless. It should broadcast every single premier league game too just to be on the safe side & so we always get to see all the postmatch and prematch. baffling why it doesn’t.

0 Ratings
alananne
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 27

Go to solution

My interests extend beyond football and Premier League and they tend to be rarely seen on Main Event unless it is cricket which is why I abandoned add-on very early after joining BT.

The £XX I would save on 10 month alternative is more than I have contemplated spending on an Australian subscription last year to provide even more of the Rugby League broadcasted at ungodly hours on Sky and as on demand watch later in comfort.

More encouragement to avoid this BT add-on.

0 Ratings