cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Recognised Expert Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 22

Re: So, BT TV please don't let 4K Box owners down...

@happyslayeruk

I think 4k content in general is still fairly limited on subscription services, even Prime but you have to pay to watch the good stuff like the last season of Beaky Blinders.  I think the fact we have seen the odd TV show in 4K on BT TV shows they are working to evolve the TV offering, but maybe not at a pace we would all like. 

Other TV subscription services offer 4K but only if you take a high level package and although it may have more content than BT, it is still some what limited. 

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 12 of 22

@4KTVFan wrote:

So tomorrow is Monday the 15th of October, (aka mid-October) so this week I really hope that I and other 4K box owners finally get the Amazon Video App, if not... then it will be the third missed date promised to me by BT TV for the 4K Amazon App...

So please BT TV this week... make it happen!

Hi @4KTVFan,

Thanks for the comments.  I am sorry for the delay in BT delivering Amazon Prime to your 4K (G5) box.

I reached out to our product team and I am afraid I have some news that will be a little disappointing.  We had hoped to have an update rolled out by the end of this month (October) to all 4K boxes, unfortunately this will not happen, we are probably looking at another month before this is released. 

There are a few things the team are working through which came up in the trial so it’s not quite ready to send to the masses, this is why it has been delayed.  We are targeting the end of next month provided everything goes well on the trial which is still currently in progress

I am very sorry, as its clear from the comments here, that this news will come as a disappointment.  If I get any other news I will post back here and confirm.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
4KTVFan
Contributor
Message 13 of 22

@SeanD

Thanks for the update, while this is not the news I expect many 4K box owners wanted to hear, including myself, I can't fault you or BT in keeping true to your word and keeping us updated about what was happening, even if it meant having to share disappointing news.

All I can say now is please keep us 4K box owners updated via the forums when there is more news.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 22

@4KTVFanwrote:

@SeanD

Thanks for the update, while this is not the news I expect many 4K box owners wanted to hear, including myself, I can't fault you or BT in keeping true to your word and keeping us updated about what was happening, even if it meant having to share disappointing news.

All I can say now is please keep us 4K box owners updated via the forums when there is more news.

Somebody is easily pleased. 

This is an absolute shambles. Prime on BT was announced in May and slated for release in June. Then they said 4K boxes will get it "later". "Later" became "summer". Then we were told mid October. Now they're saying November. 

If you don't have access to the app you'd be better off getting the new 4K Fire stick being released 14th November (I bet Amazon release it when then say) because there is no way BT will release it before 2019.

I actually feel a bit sorry for @SeanD having to report this nonsense knowing he's fobbing us off.

0 Ratings
4KTVFan
Contributor
Message 15 of 22

@happyslayeruk

I'm not pleased, but at least I now know when to expect it, however, I am starting to wonder if the G5 4K box is up the job, and whether BT are struggling with the hardware.

And yes I agree with you, I have 2 of the new Amazon 4K Sticks on order, however, what I really want is "one box to rule them all".

Maybe a sticky post from the mods about the 4K Amazon app roll out status would remove the need us to keep asking, and also act as a constant reminder to BT that they have a priority to deliver.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 22

@4KTVFanwrote:

@happyslayeruk

I'm not pleased, but at least I now know when to expect it, however, I am starting to wonder if the G5 4K box is up the job, and whether BT are struggling with the hardware.

And yes I agree with you, I have 2 of the new Amazon 4K Sticks on order, however, what I really want is "one box to rule them all".

Maybe a sticky post from the mods about the 4K Amazon app roll out status would remove the need us to keep asking, and also act as a constant reminder to BT that they have a priority to deliver.

I too wanted a one box system but after seeing the poor offering Netflix was on the 4K box (no HDR) compared to the apps on my TV I gave up on that idea. 

Even though I have an LG smart TV that has pretty much every app I need (including MLB.tv) I'll probably get a Fire 4K stick so it integrates with my Echo /Alexa and Logitech hub.

The G5 box was a nice idea but they seem to have forgotten all about it or at the very least not really putting their all into developing for it.  Whatever happened to the Alexa support for Youview?

0 Ratings
4KTVFan
Contributor
Message 17 of 22

I agree... I really do agree.

However, right now I just want status updates on when and if I can expect Amazon Video on my G5 4K box.

To their credit, when asked, BT have been forthcoming with information, and they have been honest with the bad news, that is actaully quite rare on most support sites.

About a week ago I spent over an hour on the phone to BT support and even after being passed around between 6 or more advisers, they still couldn't give me a proper update about Amazon Video on G5 4K boxes.

But here on the forums we are getting some real updates, so I'm not going to knock BT for that.

I have an Echo and harmony too!!!!! Smiley Happy It sounds like we have similar setups, and yes, youview, not BT, announced the Alexa intergration more than a year ago, yet still nothing.

I don't think the current G5 4K box will ever really support HDR, maybe HLG... but I think we are looking at new hardware.

So before someone points out that I've taken this thread off topic, I'm going to stop there, but happy to start a fresh topic about G5 4K boxes, etc.

IMAG8274.jpgIMAG8278.jpg

Message 18 of 22

@4KTVFan All looking good, similar to my setup but can't tell if you have bias lights strips behind the TV.

If you haven't get some, they're really cheap (£10-£20) and really do help with the contrast. If the TV has USB they're powered by it and turn on and off with the TV.

0 Ratings
nostra999
Contributor
Message 19 of 22

That’s an awesome setup... what is the speaker setup?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
4KTVFan
Contributor
Message 20 of 22

@nostra999 thank you, may I just say before this becomes a thread about my TV setup, I posted those images to prove that I am a real BT TV user, and have BT 4K at the heart of my setup.

My setup was done on a budget, I don't work right now, and it has been built up over a number of years.

The speakers are Mission SX Rosewood speakers... I got them after they had been discontinued for 3 years, and the manufacture had some left as clearence items at round £700... the cabinets I got from Germany for £50 each...

Buy my point is this... I am a BT TV fan through and through, but I here to point out when they get it wrong...

IMAG8283.jpgIMAG8285.jpg

0 Ratings