cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4KTVFan
Contributor
Message 1 of 22

So, BT TV please don't let 4K Box owners down...

So tomorrow is Monday the 15th of October, (aka mid-October) so this week I really hope that I and other 4K box owners finally get the Amazon Video App, if not... then it will be the third missed date promised to me by BT TV for the 4K Amazon App...

So please BT TV this week... make it happen!

21 REPLIES 21
Guru
Message 2 of 22

Re: So, BT TV please don't let 4K Box owners down...

Can we have confirmation that the release is going ahead?

Stew

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 22

Bump this.

Stew

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 22

Just download the app to your TV, it still needs Amazon to upload the correct content though. I'm doubtful that Jack Ryan is even in HD, but at 2mbs it certainly isn't in 4k.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

@Andy005wrote:

Just download the app to your TV, it still needs Amazon to upload the correct content though. I'm doubtful that Jack Ryan is even in HD, but at 2mbs it certainly isn't in 4k.

Haven't got the BT Prime app yet but watched Jack Ryan on the Prime app built into my my TV iand in 4K it is glorious.

0 Ratings
4KTVFan
Contributor
Message 6 of 22

I know... Smiley Happy and on some platforms it has Dolby Atmos audio too!!! Smiley Happy

My issue, and that of many others on here is that there is one platform that it was promised to appear on during the summer, but remains a no show...

...and that platform is the BT UHD youview box...

I agreed to a price rise in my BT TV subscription in return I was told that I would be able to view 4K content on Amazon Video by now, which I can't... that's the point, it's not about downloading the app to your TV, it's not about viewing on a Amazon TV Stick, it's about the promise BT TV made, the press releases... what they said has not happened... 

Message 7 of 22

@4KTVFanwrote:

I know... Smiley Happy and on some platforms it has Dolby Atmos audio too!!! Smiley Happy

My issue, and that of many others on here is that there is one platform that it was promised to appear on during the summer, but remains a no show...

I agreed to a price rise in my BT TV subscription in return I was told that I would be able to view 4K content on Amazon Video by now, which I can't... that's the point, it's not about downloading the app to your TV, it's not about viewing on a Amazon TV Stick, it's about the promise BT TV made, the press releases... what they said has not happened... 

Yeah, I'm pretty **bleep** off with BT over their slow deployment but think I'd carry on using the Smart TV app anyway.

The reason being the difference in quality between the Netflix app on the smart TV and the BT one. On the TV app Netflix shows are available in HDR with supported content but the BT app on the 4K box is just standard 4K. 

I have a feeling it will be the same, the BT Prime app will be 4K but not HDR like the Prime smart TV app I already have.

I basically just use the BT box for sport now and some on demand. If I'm feeling old fashioned I might record something....

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 22

@4KTVFanwrote:

You're right but whenever anyone gives timescales such as 'Summer', 'soon' etc, then realistically it could be anytime and not even the same year. They aren't exactly known for their efficiency and ability to organise. When it does arrive I'll stick with the TV app, it works well and somehow I don't think I would get the same reliability through the BT Box.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 22

As frustraiting as it is, Prime will come to UHD boxes when it is ready and gives the user experience they want it to have. I get why people are little upset it hasn't hit all the boxes yet, but it is better to release when ready rather than release it with any potential issues. 

The only real advantage to having it on the BT TV box is for a one box solution, but as many have pointed out normally the version on Smart Tv's normally has 4k and enhanced sound

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

@Dean007wrote:

As frustraiting as it is, Prime will come to UHD boxes when it is ready and gives the user experience they want it to have. I get why people are little upset it hasn't hit all the boxes yet, but it is better to release when ready rather than release it with any potential issues. 

The only real advantage to having it on the BT TV box is for a one box solution, but as many have pointed out normally the version on Smart Tv's normally has 4k and enhanced sound

Except like the Netflix app it more than likely won't "gives the user experience they want."

The Netflix app on the 4K boxes falls well short of offerings on even older TVs than the 4K box. To be honest the 4K offering on BT is really poor (just a few sports) and I'm finding it hard to justify the cost.

I would like a one box solution and that would make it worth it but when the apps are worse than standard apps on smart TVs the 4K box hardly gets used at all, now used mainly for recording but with catch up out there even that is getting obsolete.

0 Ratings