cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vialli
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Spurs v Man Utd

I'm usually a big fan of BT Sport but this low camera angle being used today is terrible. Looks like a lower league game.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Spurs v Man Utd

Probably because White Hart Lane isn't the most camera-friendly ground; there's a higher position but with the benefit of a stonking great pole in the way. Can't say the the lower angle bothers me though.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Vialli
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

I agree that the usual camera angle at WHL is a bit too high but this low one is almost unwatchable. The low camera angle is creeping into football games more and more, thought it was just a Sky Sports obsession, apparently not.
0 Ratings
Vialli
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

And just to add, because the camera is so low the sun is now shining directly into it. Change of technical direction needed I think.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

Hands off the sun, it doesn't often shine on WHL.Smiley Very Happy You're right about Sky though. Just watched Soton v Chelsea, and the obsession with close-ups was in constant danger of missing some important action as well as being irritating. In-play close-ups rarely add anything to the viewing experience and they should be confined to replays, where they can indeed be very helpful.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

I thought the low camera positions were pandering to Sky's pushing of 3D?

0 Ratings
Vialli
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

The Premier League League broadcast package which clubs have to sign up for stipulates that clubs must provide a low camera angle for 3D. Unfortunately, Sky, ITV and now BT Sport are starting to use this low angle for 2D broadcasts which are generally unsuitable for a viewing experience. Ironically, Sky hardly show any games in 3D anymore so all this messing about with camera angles has been a waste of time and the majority of viewers who don't care about 3D are stuck with a poor viewing experience.
0 Ratings