cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 1 of 7

Sunday 11 August Bt Tv Sky Sports programming

there  has been confusing and in part conflicting information about what the scheduling is to be on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky. Sports Extra Hd on Sunday 11 August.

i have looked at EPG of Youview , the Bt Tv app  Tv Guide , Sky own website listing events by  day/sport or week and find the information differing.

Youview currently show 2 Super Sunday matches on main Event and none on EXtra  ( There are 2 matches Newcastle/ Arsenal and ManU/Chelsea) and no coverage on Extra. 

BT TV app shows currently the same 2 matches on main event. however it also has a seperate programme listed  on the Extra channel from 2pm. (That Programme doesn,t appear on Youview so the guides are different)

Sky’s has conflicting information depending upon where you look .. ie it lists a England Wales rugby union match as being on Main Event at the same time as Premier League coverage.

this conflicting information has been apparent for a few days now.

I would welcome any clarification as to when the schedules will be finalised or corrected  for Sunday as having different data from different sources is confusing.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
ozsat
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Sunday 11 August Bt Tv Sky Sports programming

On Sky - both Premier League matches are on Sky Sports Main Event and Premier League.

The Rugby is only on Sky Sports Action.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 7

That may be the final scheduling @ozsat  but why would Sky remove the rugby from the SSME schedule having listed it on their website as being shown on that channel for a while. Yes they are required to show the Premier League but there is a contingency of the Extra channel for clashes and BT TV schedule has being showing Premier League as being on the Extra channel from 2pm on Sunday which happens to  be the KO time for the England Rugby Union which up until this morning Sky s own website was showing as being shown on SSME. 

0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 4 of 7

I've gone through the old Sky schedules.

Rugby was listing on ME but was removed from the listings being sent out on 31 July.

No idea why their website would not have updated.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings
robotman1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

A regularly updated resource here https://www.skysports.com/watch/sport-on-sky for what's on where on Sky. That page confirms both EPL games on Main Event with the rugby on Action.

Digiguide has also been showing both games on Main Event since the middle of last week.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

When I used that website on Monday it was showing the rugby on SSME and the 2pm football not. back to my point different conflicting information some of which appears to change. I believe the premier league matches were selected and ko times were agreed back in June and the rugby has been long established so really why is different information existing on schedules and why is the process of updating any changes seems to be being done in a widely varying timeframe.
0 Ratings
robotman1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

@zulu17I share your frustrations as I too sub to Main Event on BTTV. What is surprising to me is Digiguide being correct last week yet Sky's own website being wrong a full week later than the listings had been officially released. I would see that as laziness on the part of Sky in updating that part of their site, something they've normally been fairly good at. The same would apply in the case of BT with Youview and the BT app being inconsistent, certainly not for the first time. Outside of my own musings I have absolutely no idea why such disparity exists, but agree it is something needs to be looked into.

0 Ratings