Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
-Richie-
Expert
Message 11 of 17

Re: Sky Sport channels

@mccalludwrote:

Right who do I complain to ? 

That would be Sky, It's their channel and they decide what to broadcast.
BT have a license to show the content, they don't have a say on what the content is.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 17

@-Richie- wrote:

@mccalludwrote:

Right who do I complain to ? 

That would be Sky, It's their channel and they decide what to broadcast.
BT have a license to show the content, they don't have a say on what the content is.

That is only partly accurate @-Richie- 

Whilst Sky  decide the content on Sky Sports Maint Event channel ,  

However BT Tv subscribers to the Sky Sports Main Event Channel do so under the  BT Guidence that

BT TV customers will also get Sky Sports Extra showing the rest of the live Premier League games available on Sky Sports.

as stated at

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14138/~/sky-sports-main-event-on-bt-tv

-Richie-
Expert
Message 13 of 17

Yes but there is also :

Is there any difference watching Sky Sports Main Event through BT TV instead of Sky?

Sky Sports Main Event shows the same content whether you're watching on Sky or BT TV.
Sky do reserve the right to move content between their channels.

So this wasn't caused by BT is my point, Sky control the content, it's the same content regardless of what platform you view it on or who you subscribe to.
Just like Netflix is supported by BT on the Youview platform, again BT have no say on what content Netflix make available.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 17

The point i am making is quite simple

Sky control what is on Sky Sports Main Event = so yes if Sky doesn't broadcast something on that channel that's their deciision

However if live Premier League Football is not shown on Sky Sports Main Even it is required to be Sky Sports Extra - today it was not available at the start bof the match. Customer is subscribing via BT TV addon for the service. So any shortfall in the service on Sky Sport Extra would be most appropriately dealt with by BT.  They (BT) may or may not be be reliant on their suppliers but given the entire purpose of BT TV Sky Sports Extra is to cover scenarios such as today it does appear that the service today was less thasn the BT customer could reasonably expect.

david1982
Contributor
Message 15 of 17

@zulu17 is correct. I was all set to thank Sky for keeping the cricket on SSME as when I switched to SSE they were showing Bournemouth v Manchester City. I waxnot aware then that they had not shown that from kick off

0 Ratings
Highlighted
david1982
Contributor
Message 16 of 17

So what will happen on the next Saturday/Sunday play in the Test match, which will obviously clash with the Premier league. Will cricket lovers miss out or will football be on SSE.

robotman1
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 17

Had set yesterday's games to record. Missed all of the first game and about the first 10 minutes of the second as I wasn't aware the schedules had changed on Main Event. CANCELLED Sky Sports and will now wait until the full suite of channels arrives via NowTV on BT. I'd go with NowTV direct but I need the ability to record as I'm not always at home to catch games fully live.

0 Ratings