cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rich73
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

The UFC PPV charge of £19.95 is pure greed given I already pay a subscription. I will be cancelling!

6 REPLIES 6
Rich73
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

UFC Greed by charging £19.95 - Complaints Link Below

I've already called to cancel my BT subscription due to the recent introduction of charging £19.95 for UFC main events. They could not tell me how many events per year are going to be PPV (frankly, even one is too many, as we already pay subscriptions) and there is no telling if this unknown number will increase to every event.

MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Re: UFC Greed by charging £19.95 - Complaints Link Below

There's a video on Youtube of some Irish guys talking about this which has really nailed it, it's a shame because BT Sport have done an amazing job bringing us the UFC up until now, everyone was also really happy they got the deal back from Eleven Sports which was awful when that came in (the Eleven Sports thing I mean) however BT have just completely undone everything they built up and also they've just lost all respect and admiration from the fans.

They went from being completely loved cause they were different with tons of subscribers specifically for the UFC to absolutely hated with tons of cancellations which will hopefully sting them the way the PPV model has been for years which BT have also just let themselves down with.

The whole PPV model has been a scam since day one and it's about time people realised this. They were perfectly fine before someone came up with the idea of "Oh lets make a channel and start putting events on it by charging premium rates to rinse our customers even more", it's just pure greed.

Messages get edited here all the time if you link anything that's not BT Sport however if you search Youtube for "UFC 239 on BT Sport Box Office - Why this is a bad move" you should find a video along with a petition.

The sooner that picks up the better as I think it's about time now that people made a stand towards this absolute scam of an idea which is what it's always been really from day one, the US fans have been scammed for years over it and now they're trying it in the UK however they've been hit with a different reaction and we haven't given in to it (so far) and neither the UK or US should actually be having to deal with this, it's not just about the money either, there's a difference between supporting the things you love and being taken complete advantage of which is what this PPV thing is about when push comes to shove. 

*Edit*

It's about time to be honest now and maybe this thing with BT Sport is a good thing as it could be the catalyst that finally gets rid of this whole stupid PPV idea once and for all. 

Message 4 of 7

Re: The UFC PPV charge of £19.95 is pure greed given I already pay a subscription. I will be cancell

Aye complete disgrace. BT sport subscribers should be getting this event free !

Highlighted
softsorter
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Re: The UFC PPV charge of £19.95 is pure greed given I already pay a subscription. I will be cancell

And they wonder why people pirate download ! this will be the end of my subscription had enough of the Robbers who already pay for BT Sport.

Vicky1234
Message 6 of 7

This is utterly disgusting, I only stay with BT because of ufc and that its included in my package! I think It is safe to say I will be moving from bt, shame on you BT, probably your best selling point and you have probably managed to lose a great number of customers in 1 night!! Massive pat on the back whoever's came up with that idea!!

tauempire
Message 7 of 7

It's a sad day for BT sports as i will also be cancelling i will also be convincing friends and family to do the same this is the final straw.  I also noticed that no one responds these you're a greed bunch of money grabbing suits posts wonder why i'll tell you why because they think if they ignore it people will think it is standard to charge on top of subscription charges for these events well ill tell you now BT you wil have lost more in subscriptions than you made for the PPV so enjoy and sack you're financial team as they made a real mistake this time.