cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

The dreaded IPC6023 error message

Go to solution

Hi all

So I have just upgraded to Full Fibre from my previous BT package. Openreach attended to install new Openreach  box and converted my existing BT Smart Hub 2 router which is now set to FTTP.  I have also installed new BT TV Box Pro to upgrade my previous BT TV box. 

I had BT Sport previously and had no problem with them or any other Internet channels.

Since the new installation I can't get any BT Sport Channels or other 300up channels to work without immediately encountering IPC6023.

I have very carefully followed all of the IPC6023 trouble shooting advice. I use Ethernet cable to connect TV Box to router. I have rebooted the Openreach box, BT Hub and TV box multiple times, I have checked all cable connections. I have run a new ethernet cable directly from router to TV Box.

I have also contacted BT support and followed all their advice but all to no avail. IPC6023 every time. BT have now passed this over to their engineers but I have heard nothing from them, 5 days today.

I know that this error has nothing to do with the TV box, my TV setup or in-house cabling as I have two  separate TV installations ( 2 BT boxes) and have the same error with both.

Please can anyone suggest anything else I can try

Cheers

Pat

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: The dreaded IPC6023 error message

Go to solution

It sounds like you have covered all that you can which leaves either an account or DSLAM problem, either way the mods on here are well acquainted with this error and are best placed to help you.

@NeilO 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @patk16 Thanks for posting, I'm sorry you're getting that error on your BT TV subscription channels. As it stopped working after the upgrade to FTTP I would suspect an issue with the subscription. It has to be transferred over to the FTTP network which should happen as part of the order but I have seen a couple of cases when this hasn't happened.

I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can send over your details to the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you to both NeilO and Les-Gibson for your replies.

BT called me about an hour or so ago and said they were checking settings at the Exchange and I can now get all of my Subscription and internet channels. Looks good at the moment!

Thanks again

Regards

Pat

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @patk16 Thanks for the update, I'm glad they got you sorted.

Neil

0 Ratings