cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
orangefr
Message 1 of 9

There is more to life than Football

Having had a quick look at your listings, I see we have lost Drag racing, Baseball and North American Ice hockey. Am I right in that ESPN now starts at 10.00 hrs so that the live Ausie Rules games have just gone out the window.

As I said in the subject line there is more to life than 22 over paid prima donnas kicking a bag of air about, and in Englands case failing dismally.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: There is more to life than Football

Welcome to the forum. ESPN has always been off air early in the day on BTTV. Even as a footy fan I'd agree that there's more to life, but it doesn't lie with American sport for me.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 9

ESPN is 24/7 over Infinity.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 9

Thanks Stew. Didn't know it had changed as it's won't arrive here until 1 August when I'll be in Riga, wherever that is.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
FearlessFred
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

I would guess that the rights packages that ESPN held will transfer to BT under the ESPN banner on 1st of August, so that any changes would be due only to rights expiring. And yes, ESPN over infinity is 24/7, for those getting up early!

PP, Riga is lovely! I went there on holiday in 2005, and it's a beautiful city. Make sure to explore the Central Market (made from 4 converted WWI Zeppelin hangers!) and take the lift up St Peters spire to get a good panorama of Old Town...

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 9

Thanks for the travelogue, FF. We're on an organised tour from St Pancras to St Pete's with Great Rail Journeys. Brilliant company, great staff and admin, expensive enough to keep the riff-raff away, though some of us manage to get under the radar.

--
0 Ratings
FearlessFred
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

Sounds like a good trip! I've just recently got back from Kotor & Podgorica in Montenegro, doing that trip by train, but I did the arrangements myself. Got to love travelling by train across Europe. You get to see so much & it's so much more civilised than flying!

Anyway, back to the original topic: What other sports should BT look to bid for when the rights come up? I'd like to see them go for the Super15 Rugby, as that would complement the AP and Top14 quite well (Yes, I'm a Rugby nut!). How about some of the Paralympics events such as the Athletics that's underway at the moment in Lyon? You could  build on the success & interest from last year's Paralympics. I'd also like to see other sports like GAA added to the list...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 9

BT Sport 1&2 and ESPN will be 24 hours a day, every day, so they have a lot of hours to fill. Maybe Xmas day will be drag racing all day? Smiley Happy

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44736/c/348,6466

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

@umpire wrote:

Maybe Xmas day will be drag racing all day?

Well I hope it's Edna Everage v Lily Savage in the 400m hurdles and not those half-F1-half-pram thingies with parachutes.

--