Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 8

They've went and done it

Go to solution

https://help.nowtv.com/service-status

We’re aware that some NOW TV Boost customers with a Sky Sports Pass are experiencing issues with streaming quality on YouView boxes. To make sure all customers can continue to enjoy the latest sporting action, we’ve reduced the streaming rate from 50 to 25 frames per second on all Sky Sports channels for now. We’re sorry about this issue, and we’re working hard to get it fixed as soon as we can. You can continue to enjoy other NOW TV Boost features on your YouView box, including full HD, surround sound and streaming on 3 devices at the same time.

I always said they'd find a way to shaft BT customers when the cross supply deal was announced.

Does this also affect the Sky Sports channels via the Youview epg, or is it only when viewing via the NowTV Youview app?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: They've went and done it

Go to solution

How's it shafting? They've found an issue & have temporarily reduced the fps while it's fixed or am I missing something?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

You only have to follow their own forum pages to see how slow they normally are in fixing things. 

Dropping the quality should mean a drop in price for a sub standard offering, and especially if it affects their epg delivered content.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

The boost pass is only a few pounds & like they say other features are working so can't see a drop in price, in actual fact BT's £5 add on includes there hd/4k as well anyway as well as the boost

It's not very clear if the epg content is affected or not though

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Funny you should mention Boost. BT insist I need Boost even though I already have the HD/4K addon 😂 In the end I plumped for cheap Now TV passes for my daughter's room (cheaper than Sky multiroom) and stayed with Sky for everything bar BT Sport which I still get via BT.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

This has being going on continuously  for several weeks and was briefly discussed on the forum in mid September.

https://community.bt.com/t5/TV-Content-including-BT-Sport/Now-TV-Boost-Sport-Channels-Framerate/m-p/...

Now Tv decision to limit the Now Tv App framerate does not impact the multicast delivered live channel content thru the EPG for BTTV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for that @zulu17 

BTW I hope I had made it clear from my posts I was aware this was a Now TV/Sky decision 😀 Reading my posts back I still believe I have done just that.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

6 weeks and counting for Sky to get their issues sorted. Not bad seeing as it's took them 5 years now and they are still promising a new app for Apple TV 🤣

0 Ratings