cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hncw83
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Trying to avoid having to phone customer service...

Go to solution

I already have BT Sport on Sky but we have a BT vision box attached to the tv upstairs and want to get BT Sport on there too. I just tried to order it online but it says "can't order" and I have to call a number.

Having dealt with BT Customer Service over the phone far too many times in the past I am keen to avoid having to do this again...

Does anyone know why I wouldn't be able to just order it online? We already have BT Infinity but aren't subscribed to any BT TV, we just use it as a DVR and Freeview box, and it is connected to the broadband. Do they just want to try to flog me more BT products...?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Trying to avoid having to phone customer service...

Go to solution

Welcome to the forum. Sorry if I sound like CS, but you can't do it. See paragraph 2 of the BT Sport T&C.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

You're not going to get very far with this, unfortunately, because:-

1. BT Sport is a free add-on to BT Vision.  If you don't have a paid BT Vision subscription, there's nothing to add it to, and

2. BT only gives you one free BT Sport subscription per broadband connection, either BT Vision or Sky.  You would have to pay for the other.

Access via the web site or mobile apps is thrown in free for any BT broadband customer, and can be in addition to a free BT Vision or Sky subscription.

0 Ratings
hncw83
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
That's really helpful thanks - I hadn't realised that so we will just stick to the iPad other than sky then. Thank you for saving me a frustrating call to customer services!
0 Ratings
Telboy62
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi hncw83. You can connect your i pad to your other tv with an hdmi cable and watch that way.

Telboy.

0 Ratings