cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 51 of 54

Re: Trying to cancel BT Sport in the cooling off period?

@aliciajane04 wrote:

spoke with BT tonight again and they have informed me that they accept that it was my son that ordered BT Sport as they've listened to the recording.

In their view it doesn't matter who ordered it. As long as it's called from my number which they trace and have the viewing card then your good to go.

You dont have to give the account number or password!! What's the point of having one?

All my son had to say was that he was my husband and they ordered the product!

It doesn't really matter what you think of my parenting skills or the behaviour of my child. I get back to my original point.

BT should only take orders from the account holder with their password!

BT are at it and they know it. Their manager on the call more or less admitted it.

They called tonight funny enough with our MAC code but still want their £180........

You do not owe them anything.

Contact the CAB. They may get the legal ball rolling for you. Also contact the ISPA and Ofciom.

They are trying to enforce a contract with a minor and they have no leg to stand on. 

I had forgotten just how bad they were. I am regretting coming back to them myself.

0 Ratings
stoney1973
Aspiring Contributor
Message 52 of 54

Actually, BT Do ask for account numbers and passwords when ordering things. Your son is fibbing through his teeth. He would have had to pass numerous security questions aswell. Methinks you should be doing more than merely admonishing the little brat, and definitely more than passing the blame on to BT. Perhaps tell your hubby less time on golf course, more time supervising the kid?

0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 53 of 54

@stoney1973 wrote:

Actually, BT Do ask for account numbers and passwords when ordering things. Your son is fibbing through his teeth. He would have had to pass numerous security questions aswell. Methinks you should be doing more than merely admonishing the little brat, and definitely more than passing the blame on to BT. Perhaps tell your hubby less time on golf course, more time supervising the kid?

You have it wrong. Much better to heap the blame onto BT and teach the little darling that there's no such thing as personal responsibility.

Message 54 of 54

OK folks. This is getting way out of control. I’m locking this thread as it’s not going to resolves the issue in hand.

@aliciajane04,

I can take a look at this and check it for you. Drop me an email with the details. You’ll get the “contact us” form in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings