Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Seangrant123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 94

Re: UFC 239 to be shown on BT Sport Box Office

BT had a change of heart with the second phone call and have allowed me to leave the contract early. Advisor told me no price reduction was available. Happy to be rid.

image.png

Hopefully BT receive a lot of negative press and lose a high percentage of customers through these errors of judgement. Would rather lose a customer than reach a settlement. The only way to have any sort of effect on these big companies is impacting the profit margin.

Been a dreadful saga with them from start to finish, price increases, losing key sporting events(NBA) and now this whole box office cash grab. Absolutely pathetic.

MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 12 of 94

I think they've realised it's not been the best idea as I had this in an email earlier after I'd emailed them with my upset in regards to this.

-----

Thanks for your email, we are really sorry to know that your have to wait for UFC match and this was not broadcast on the sport channel as this was shifted to the BT Box office. We have received a lot of feedback from our customer about the same. The matter will be escalated to the BT forum discussion with the higher management.

We truly regret about the situation and we will certainly get this matter highlighted to our management. We have logged this as a priority and will be solved with in no time. We will request you to be with us as we will definitely come up with a resolution for our valuable customer like you, we apologise once more for the inconvenience.

-----

The thing is, I'm more upset that I can't even access BT Sport either because they've not catered for us on the platform I subscribe to them through so it's pretty much taken away from me completely. They really should have made sure all bases were covered before they released the Box Office channel rather than leaving so many of their subscribers without even access to it, it's coming to a point where the regular BT Sport channels we subscribe to are becoming pointless because we're seeing these build up's for these events but we can't even watch the event. That's like watching a film and not being able to see the final scene, not to mention the fact that it's unfair to do this.

I really hope they get it sorted out because to be honest, BT Sport are really great, they just seem to have let themselves down a little with this and I do hope they rectify this but we'll have to see.
Message 13 of 94

Thanks for the responses, I'm glad I'm not the only one livid about this.  I've just signed up to a new phone contract which gives 3 months BT Sport access away free, so I will be cancelling my paid subscription, using this and then re-subscribing should they back track on the PPV.

Although this has kind of forced me to do some research...Fight Pass is £6 a month, and I believe carries PPVs a few days after they air.  When you take into account the back catalogue on there, cancelling BT Sport and getting Fight Pass seems like a great deal.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 94

UPDATE - I called BT.  Turns out my BT Sport contract was for 18 months and they won't let me leave, despite removing the only thing I subscribe to the channel for.

It's only £7 a month including the discount for having their broadband service, but it's the principle - they have removed the only thing I actually cared about on the channel.

Calendar reminder set, 30 days notice on all BT services will be served on 4th December. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 94

Seangrant123 , was that just BT Sport?  Or other services too?

Now I'm really livid, if they are letting other people out of their contracts for this and not me!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 94

Sorry for spamming the thread...just found this on the renewal reminder they sent me last year.  It's not a term as such, but increasing the price for the service by proxy should surely allow me to cancel?:

ΔWe may change any prices and terms during your contract. If this affects you, we'll tell you about important changes in advance, and you'll be able to end your contract without any fees.

0 Ratings
MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 17 of 94

If they never told you and you didn't agree to it I guess you would be able to ask about it? The thing is with the UFC thing too, a lot of people were under the impression that this was coming as part of the BT Sport subscription so I know a lot of people have felt mislead. If you look all over social media and Youtube etc... you'll see loads of it and it looks like they have had a load of cancellations over this.

I just find it disappointing too because despite this, BT Sport are really good, it's just disappointing if they don't continue with that and decide to go like others because they were different and they were better and this is why they had all their subscribers too, it really is what keeps custom as greed does eventually ruin a company, no matter how big they are.

This is why certain companies such as O2, Amazon and in recent years Plusnet continue to grow and are one of the best companies out there because they look after you and are different from everyone else (eBay is another), yet all those companies that decided to change and go against that eventually fall and it would be a shame for BT Sport to do that, specially considering as like I say they are actually really good, it's just all disappointing is this and feels like a let down.

Hopefully they'll rectify it though because there has been a lot of backlash for them and if you look at the reply I got earlier, it looks like they're regretting the decision a little (at least from that message anyway).

The best thing about BT Sport is that they weren't greedy and I think they underestimated how many people have BT Sport specifically for UFC (myself included) yet when they go against that they're going to lose a lot because this is what made them special, different etc.. the fact they had this and did it the way they did, until recently.

I hope they get it sorted out and rectify it anyway, they did a fantastic job with the Eleven Sports deal with getting it back (best thing ever and so many people were happy BT Sport got it again because they have been so good covering UFC and bringing it to us) so fingers crossed they'll sort it 🙂 

0 Ratings
Seangrant123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 94

I'm now happy with the resolution that's been reached(at least for UFC 239).

Theyve offered me a £30 goodwill gesture to credit my account, so effectively the box office event is paid for, so I'm now remaining with BT Sport unless they decide to screen further UFC events on pay per view.

Im still going to continue voicing my concerns on Twitter and other platforms as I think if customers don't stand up like this companies will continue to try and push the boundaries and squeeze every penny out of the customer.

See what happens when Khabib/Poirier gets properly announced....

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 94

Am I right in saying you can't record PPVs?  So, even if I did pay for it, I would need to stay up until 6 am?

Basically the service is worse and more expensive!

Glad you got things sorted.  I'm going to call them back tomorrow, I don't think there is anything they can do to make me stay at this point.

MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 20 of 94

I could be wrong but as far as I'm aware you can't record the Box Office events (from what I've read around that's the general vibe). 

It seems like they're losing more money than they are making by the looks of things, if the amount of people who have said they've already cancelled their BT Sport subscription and those who are looking into doing so actually have then it's way outweighing the amount of people who are buying the event.

They're driving away fans from the BT Sport platform too by doing this so it doesn't make a lot of sense, they absolutely were ahead of Sky Sports with the whole UFC thing being on their platform and this was their strong point that they've now gone against, it's confusing really as to who thought this would be a good idea. 

I don't want to link anything here because I don't want to break any forum rules and already had a couple of things removed in regards to this however if you look it up on Youtube there is a video of some Irish guys who run a popular MMA podcast (which Conor McGregor has supported) talking about it which is well worth a listen fully through if you can find it. There's also a BT Sport Box Office promo which BT Sport themselves uploaded with a load of comments also pretty much saying the same. 

It really is a case of how many buys they get on this, if people buy it, they will do it again and more often, if they don't, they won't and that's what it is when push comes to shove I think. 

0 Ratings