cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 94

Re: UFC 239 to be shown on BT Sport Box Office

Thanks Moe.

For the larger cards I either record and get up at 4.30 to watch, or just enforce a social media ban and watch the next night.  That gets harder and harder each year though, never thought I'd pine for Bravo's coverage :D.

As you say, hopefully the majority do not cave in, 239 achieves 12 PPV buys and we can all put this sorry mess behind us.

0 Ratings
garybs29
Contributor
Message 22 of 94

You can record the box office events on BT TV (can waych for 7 days afterwards) & Sky if you have Sky+ and buy vua the remote. All this is in the FAQs om the bt sport box office website

MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 23 of 94

Yeah, they did promise and make it sound like we'd be getting UFC the same as normal when they got the deal back from Eleven Sports which a lot of people signed back up to BT Sport under the impression of this which is also where I see a lot of upset has been cause they've gone against that.

Yeah, if people buy it and support it it's just encouraging them to do it more often.

I know what you mean about the social media thing, it comes up everywhere when you don't expect it. I'll open Youtube not realising that cause I've watched a lot of UFC video's new video's will come up in the feed as a suggestion with the results, Instagram the first video that'll pop up at the top is some octagon interview or something, it's everywhere so I do try to keep off it but I have at times opened things up, not thinking due to a notification or something and then quickly had to swipe off lol

I really do hope BT Sport rectify this though, as I say despite this I do feel BT Sport are the best sport channel out there simply because of the UFC thing for me (I'm not interested in all the other stuff they have, I don't mind the odd boxing events and can get into that but it's UFC that I have BT Sport for really). They're actually hurting themselves by doing this.

0 Ratings
MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 24 of 94

As Gary confirmed you can record on certain platforms then.

I have no idea as they've still not even updated Box Office on my platform yet which is another annoying thing because I would purchase some of their boxing events too and support them, simply due to how good they are with bringing us the UFC. As I say, I don't mind a bit of boxing but it's not the reason I have BT Sport for, it's UFC but I don't mind a bit of it and I would buy some of those events and have fight nights etc.. or watch them myself. They're just losing money all round really.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 25 of 94

Could BT be on a sticky wicket here. When you sign up for BT Sport from the webpage it says UFC available, but I can’t see any reference to the fact that certain fights will be on the Box Office - subject to additional charge! Even those, like me, who have BT Sports included within their  package, the offer of BT Sports is diluted because they/we need to pay more to get the full BT Sports package.

Or have they covered this somewhere?

Stew

0 Ratings
Highlighted
garybs29
Contributor
Message 26 of 94

Part of me thinks this is just a test of the waters with the Khabib fight in mind to see if they can get away with it as I can see them wanting to put it on box office too

Seangrant123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 94

Agree with the above poster. This reaction will be exactly same for khabib as it's been for Jones.

itll be exact same backlash. All that's gonna change between now and then Is hopefully number of buys they get for 239 is really low and they might have a rethink.

fingers crossed.

MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 28 of 94

That's exactly it Gary, if people buy it, they'll do it again, if they don't, they won't. They're actually losing subscribers over this so not only are they not selling the PPV but people are cancelling all over from what I can see which is a shame but it's understandable.

There's a petition going round in regards to it too, again, I don't want to link it because I don't want to break any forum rules and I've already had a couple of posts edited due to linking a Youtube video, however if you browse Youtube and search "BT Sport Box Office UFC", you should be able to find it and have a browse, the guys in the video cover it and they're pretty much spot on really as it's damaging to the sport too, as well as BT Sport who have been really good up until now with bringing us the UFC which we were all really, really happy about.

I just hope BT Sport can rectify this cause we were all made up when they got the UFC back after the Eleven Sports thankfully fell through. 

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 29 of 94

If this article appears to be correct, that’s an extra £80 per year for the UFC fan. 

What next? Moto GP, Premier League?

Stew

MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 30 of 94

Just reading this now Stew, thanks for linking this! 

I knew this was a BT Sport thing all along, as mentioned previously they get their licence from the UFC to broadcast it and how they broadcast it and make their money is down to them, it's really just BT Sport testing the waters here to see how much money they can make off the back of it.

This part here in the article.

"Fight fans in the UK and Ireland have all been asking themselves the same question since BT Sport’s unpopular announcement: How many pay-per-view events will be on box office?

That figure, according to Shaw, will be entirely down to BT Sport. "Ultimately this is going to come down to how BT wants to pursue this right that they've got," he said."

They really are just seeing how much money they can make off this.

I wouldn't mind so much if:

1. The PPV's were on at a reasonable hour.
2. The PPV's were able to be recorded and kept the same way we can normally with our TV boxes.
3. They actually had the BT Sport Box Office channel available for EVERY BT Sport subscriber - This one p*sses me off the most!!

They've released this Box Office channel yet haven't updated or catered to ALL of their subscribers on various platforms which is bang out of order!! They want to sell the PPV's but don't make it accessible for everyone and then complain when they have low sales or hear about people streaming, they need to at least cater for everyone and they don't.

The channel is missing and not even updated for their subscribers on the Plusnet/Youview platform, there's NO Smart TV app, NO PS4 app, NO Now TV app, NO Xbox app, it's actually pretty bad the way it's distributed too which really annoys me as I've been banging on about this to them since August last year (when this Box Office channel was first announced) to get this sorted on the various platforms but all I get is "Put a post on the forum". 

I've literally made LOADS of phone calls and emails to Plusnet, BT and Youview in regards to this but all I get is the above and have been told by all of them on numerous occasions it can easily be done but they've just got to do it (in other words create a buzz on the forum then we'll do it).

No, why don't BT and Plusnet talk and get it sorted rather than getting the customers to do it and bang their head against a wall with frustration. Why is the customers having to do this and beg for this simply so they can have their custom cause honestly, although I'm not the biggest boxing fan, I wouldn't mind supporting them and buying a few boxing events from them but it's not even possible for me (and when they start banging on about Chromecasts this annoys me more so as it's not beneficial for me and again, the customer shouldn't have to do this, just make it accessible).

Honestly, as great as BT Sport are they've REALLY let themselves down with this whole BT Sport Box Office situation. Their distribution is bad and not covered properly (which they shouldn't have launched it until they had ALL bases covered so all their subscribers can access it and have the opportunity to buy events). Honestly, the only way I can describe it is it's like having a film (the build up) and not being able to access the end scene (the fights), it's ridiculous!!

I wish they would get on to getting this sorted and out there more and in regards to this Box Office situation, many fans have felt as though they've been duped into a contract under the impression they would get UFC as normal with their BT Sport package when the Eleven Sports deal fell through, so many customers feel mislead which I can understand, it's like they've just randomly decided this and trying to see how much money they can make off it.

It makes no sense to me as it's driving away people from the sport and hurting the UFC (as they can't see the best fights), it's driving people to stream or not watch it at all and it's driving people away from BT Sport who have become greedy with this to try and make as much money as possible meaning fans are cancelling their contracts and finding other ways to access the events much easier for them, I can understand that completely to be honest.

Me personally, if the events are on at a reasonable time, I don't mind buying the odd PPV event as long as they don't do it TOO MUCH, I do feel supporting them with the odd PPV buy is fine and a thank you to them for bringing us such great coverage of the UFC (which they have) but .... 

MAKE THE CHANNEL EASILY ACCESSIBLE FIRST BEFORE TAKING IT AWAY FROM US.

Because as of now, that's what they are doing and then they're complaining when people don't buy the events or go to streams or whatever to watch it some other way.

They need to sort this out otherwise they really are going to be their own downfall (if they haven't already).

Thanks for sharing that Stew 🙂