cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rooree80
Aspiring Contributor
Message 51 of 91

Re: UFC 239 to be shown on BT Sport Box Office

I've followed UFC I think since around 2002 and in that time I could count on one hand the amount of events I have missed. These days I generally record the events and watch them the next day or so. 

So it really pains me to say but I will be cancelling my BT Sport account. I'm just not willing to pay for events on top of a subscription. I hope BT see sense and reconsider this move, sports fans across the board are being squeezed for every penny now with sports spread across various platforms this for me is the last straw so I'll protest the only way I can and cancel. 

Looking on-line there enough are UFC fans feeling the same way so hopefully it hits them in the pocket, as it's the only way they will care/notice.

cody21ellie9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 52 of 91

This is my first time on here been with Bt for a few year now and ive just renewed my contract i had to join the community never done it before cause i woke up and saw this morning on bt player that ufc 239 was box office i was like this has got to be a mistake also had a letter saying your bill is going up 4 pounds extra a month so i was not very happy. The ufc is free in uk and ireland i know that for a fact i have been a massive ufc fan for about 20 years the ufc president promised it was free for 6 years on espn in uk and ireland i was also told january this year that it would be free with bt cause they renewed there contract originally 11sports had rights online a bit like netflix for sports i was promised by bt staff i would never get charged for ufc given i had only stayed with bt for the ufc and had only joined in first place for this reason 2 years ago when i spoke to bt today i was told bt had decided to put it on bt box office NOT ufc and i know this anyway i was disgusted and angry that they would do this to their customers i also said on the phone do you realise how many people have joined bt and stayed with bt for ufc youre gonna have a lot of angry people and so they should be i also got told all numbered events would be bt box office so thats usually 1 a month 12 a year which in hd is 20 pound so i explained bt is gonna get another 240 pound a year out of me i was appalled not happy at all i always bigged up bt ànd recommended them to people always will not be doing that anymore hopefully something gets sorted with eleven11sports or someone comes up with a better deal cause this is unacceptable.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
rooree80
Aspiring Contributor
Message 53 of 91

Thats me cancelled. 

Top tip to anyone else thinking about cancelling. I was told on my call you cannot cancel if you are unhappy with the content/UFC events moving to PPV etc without paying for the remaining months of your contract. However if you are cancelling due to the recent price increases then you can proceed.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 54 of 91

If the posts of cancellations on this forum, Twitter and Facebook are correct, I sincerely hope BT has done their calculations correctly and that the additional income from the Box Office fight(s) will outweigh the loss of monthly subscribers and the non favourable press BT Sports is receiving at the present. Will it get back to UFC themselves? Let’s not forget, UFC dumped BT last year in favour of Eleven Sports.

Time will tell.

Stew

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 55 of 91

I can only hypothesise but one has to question UFCs'  decision to dump BT in favour of Eleven Sports. They then presumably go cap in hand back to BT and BT, presumably now in a position of power, ask for certain conditions in return for taking UFC.

From what I can see BT are only taking advantage of what is in their contract with UFC, they cannot broadcast in a manner that UFC hasn't agreed to. What customers have been told by CS about how UFC will be broadcast is an entirely different matter though.

0 Ratings
cody21ellie9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 56 of 91

I have been reading more and more of these messages about eleven11sports i originally explored the option at christmas just gone cause i heard and saw that ufc dumped bt i think the last event was december 30th jon jones cant remember card 11sports is an app like netflix you cant get on ps4 i know that but you can get on tv phone and tablet if new products i think it was about 100 pound a year so if bt are actually telling me i have to box office every carded event thats 12 a year 240 pound your better off getting 11 sports app someone made a really good point have they actually weighed up the money they may and probably will lose from 18 month contracts and if this does get back to ufc they may dump bt again they wony like there fans getting charged box office and subscription . heres an idea dont charge me for tv cause i only have bt for ufc that is the only reason like many people i know and have heard on this forum kust charge me a 1 off payment like 11 sports and i would be happy with that but the way theyve done this is dirty and out of order i hope some serious guy up in bt is looking what people are saying and how it is gonna look bad for the company

0 Ratings
MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 57 of 91

I'm wondering if BT Sport will release the PPV figures they get from this? I doubt it very much and if they do they no doubt will lie like they have been doing blatantly to loads of customers recently who are upset about this.

There's no way in this world they'll be making more money from the PPV buys than they would if they'd have kept all their subscribers as well as constantly gaining new subscribers.

Which is another thing too, any potential customers that were thinking of subscribing to BT Sport for UFC definitely won't be doing now.

I go back to what I said on page 5 of this thread here anyway.

The PPV model is outdated and should be for pubs and bars only. TV companies and companies such as UFC themselves make SO much money from sponsors and advertiser's that they don't need to sting fans like this and make it difficult for them.

They really should be doing the opposite considering how loyal the fans are and how they've supported BT Sport so much.

I mean the more viewers they have the more advertiser's pay so it's really not even needed isn't this PPV model at all!!!

It's really just greed and them being like "I know what's a good idea, let's make this PPV model and start charging fans loads to watch our events. I mean the fans will buy them anyway so why don't we take advantage of that and add even more money to our millions that we have already".

For now of course until BT go downhill.

0 Ratings
Message 58 of 91

Count yourself lucky.  They sold me an 18 month contract with no price increases.

I tried arguing that making me pay for the only offering I care about IS a pay increase, but got no where

0 Ratings
MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 59 of 91

Of course, they promised you something and didn't deliver as well as went against that so you have every right so appeal this.

Seriously, Google "Resolver" and put in a complaint there and you will get somewhere, it might take a while but you will. I had a really bad experience with Virgin Media where they kept putting my bills up a little bit each month, I didn't mind at first and just left it until I noticed it happening every month and then all of a sudden they put it up an extra £10 which by this point I was like "Nah, I didn't agree to this". I'd been with them a few years too and never renewed any contract although they tried to say I agreed over the phone then over email which I didn't do any (I know I wouldn't have agreed to it anyway) but they contradicted and it's just words they say to keep customers in their contracts as most won't do this or know about it but trust me, they're great and really fair.

I had to go through CISAS with Virgin Media which I won in the end (resolver helped do this) and I even got some reimbursement as well as out of my "contract" they tried to make out I was in but these companies shouldn't be allowed to get away with it, they only do because most people don't go down the complaint route like this because it is effort but if you're unhappy, don't agree or feel mislead you have every right to express that.

These companies have a ton of money as it is, they should look after their customers fairly.

To be fair BT Sport have been fantastic up until this recently so I will give them the benefit of the doubt to see if they can rectify this as a learning curve but if you honestly feel like that @iwilleatthisrouter just put in a complaint through resolver (you probably won't need to do the CISAS thing, that's a rare thing).

I've seen people getting out of their contracts over this already on Twitter etc. but they've just had to be persistent, some easier than others but you can at least dispute it anyway if you feel mislead.

Just don't eat your router cause you need that lol
0 Ratings
Message 60 of 91

Thanks, will definitely give it a shot!

Resolver that is, not eating my router 😁

0 Ratings