cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cody21ellie9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 61 of 94

Re: UFC 239 to be shown on BT Sport Box Office

Is it me or should we start a petition and get some signatures see if anything can be done about this . Its ok complaining but getting no one anywhere id like main head at bt to see how upset and angry a lot of there customers , valuable customers and potential customers are id also like to see if the ufc actually do no about this situation id love to know what they say to their loyal fans in the uk me personally i have supported the ufc for 20 years since i was 15 years old and i think it was on bravo free tv the good old days when everyone wasnt trying to rob you haha 

MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 62 of 94

There is a petition @cody21ellie9, I'm just not allowed to link it here.

I linked a Youtube video before that was some Irish guys talking about it and I linked a BT Sport video too but I got told off for linking the video that wasn't uploaded by BT Sport however if you search Youtube for "UFC 239 on BT Sport Box Office - Why this is a bad move" you should be able to find it and the petition is linked in the description there.

Honestly, the more I've thought about this the more I've realised how this whole Box Office thing really is not only outdated but a bad idea also. 

As I mentioned before Box Office events should be for pubs and bars only and not be used to sting fans who already pay lots of money to their sports they love.

The fans are the one's who support these companies and the sports and it's not just with UFC recently, it happens with lots of sports fans paying way too much and constantly being milked for money, it's just taking advantage of passionate fans.

It's not like BT Sport, Sky Sports, Eddie Hearn, Frank Warren, Dana White, Vince McMahon (or whoever else/company) are short of money, they're not and they're making it difficult for fans to be able to enjoy their events (well not so much Vince because his WWE Network is spot on and Dana White was also happy UFC was being delivered to us the way it was) but when you think about it like this BT Sport had LOADS of subscribers because of their UFC coverage SPECIFICALLY which means they have a HUGE audience, which also means they get MORE MONEY from sponsorship and advertisers who will pay tons to them to advertise their products.

The more viewers they have and reach the more they pay, so they DON'T need to keep ripping off fans and milking them for as much money as they can when those are the one's who are supporting the companies the most loyally.

I mean fans pay TONS to go to events, they spend LOADS on over priced merchandise, they pay their regular subscriptions to these channels and services and then they have the greed to use the PPV model on fans as well which when you think about it, it's wrong and something should be done to STOP this altogether (pubs and bars aside).

The music industry and the DVD industry changed because of this to the point where iTunes came and music and video was able to be bought cheaper, albums in stores and DVD's reduced in price because customers had enough of paying WAY over the price and it's the same thing these TV companies are doing now who have the rights to things such as WWE, UFC, Football, Boxing etc..

Why do you think Vince McMahon created the WWE Network?

To get around TV companies doing this and to give fans an affordable choice, this also comes with ALL PPV's LIVE at the time and it's only £10 a month.

That's with tons of content as well as live footage, it's also very well distributed so EVERYONE can access it and the only thing you need the TV channels for is the live weekly shows but you don't have to pay stupid prices for the PPV's on Box Office.

I'm not sure how WWE coming to BT Sport will benefit them Box Office wise, as a regular channel with subscribers for their weekly shows it absolutely will bring a load of subscribers (something they need after losing so many recently) but even though they're putting the WWE events on PPV, I can't see that being all that profitable because people can just get the Network (and rightly so!).

I'm not the biggest WWE fan but Vince McMahon has got it right, he's ahead of the game by far and all credit to him for doing this. 

The PPV model is a bad idea altogether when it comes to fans and they REALLY shouldn't be having to pay this. I honestly feel something should be done about this unless it's like a pub or a bar then this really shouldn't be the case where fans have to pay these big Box Office prices for events, it's just wrong.

I guess we're just so used to it and told so much how it's needed by these companies (who have billions and are loaded anyway) to support the product but it's NOT.

Fans going to events, spending money on merchandise and supporting regular subscriptions is more than enough for them to pay and they can literally make THOUSANDS from sponsorship and advertisers without the need to do this.

They just do it, because they can and they know fans will cave which is taking advantage of those who support them in the first place, hence why I feel this PPV model needs to be scrapped completely for regular fans. 

The more I've thought about this the more I've realised this also, not just in the UK but other places too.

0 Ratings
cody21ellie9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 63 of 94

Thanks @MoeSzyslak  for information gonna 100 percent check that out ots all right what you saying . I said to bt i only want ufc so why cant i just pay like a one  off payment for ufc instead off all other channels etc i pay for to be honest they didnt seem bothered i didnt even hear 1 sorry its greedy and 1 of the dirtiest moves ive ever seen sky where bad but at least they did it to your face and didnt stab you in back and blatently , blantently lie to your face . also one of the things bt kept mirroring ufc to was boxing which employees should be schooled on cause its completley different the schedules , times much more ufc events threw the year . I explained that you may have 3,4 maybe box boxing payperviews but ufc has triple that so you want 240 pound extra off me a year 12 events 20 pound its sad to be honest i was always happy with bt and bigged them up couldnt say enough nice things i am completley done with that thanks again hopefully enough people know and right people see this so something gets sorted .

0 Ratings
MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 64 of 94

Yep, although I don't think all numbered UFC events are all scheduled for Box Office, I think a lot of that is guess work at the moment as I don't even think BT Sport know yet what they're gonna do (it all depends how this goes for them).

That said, UFC is also a niche sport in the UK and still growing plus the fact it's on at silly hours which I know boxing can be on the odd occasions but still, it's not right what they're doing.

As I say, I think the whole PPV thing for fans is wrong anyway. This should be reserved for bars and sponsorship's to put money in that way not fans, they pay enough with events, merchandise, subscriptions etc.. and it's burning the fans who are the one's who support them the most.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you is the saying but they do and will because we let them and fans always defend them too.

They're not short of money and it's pretty obvious them bringing in this PPV thing is just for pure greed cause they never had it before and BT Sport only started to do it last December (September they gave a fight free on but that's it).

It needs to be dropped, for fans anyway as pubs and bars I absolutely agree they should pay a Box Office fee.

MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 65 of 94

This is what I'm seeing people get so upset about also, just found this on Twitter.

Fans did sign up to BT Sport under the impression they would get these then once they're in contract they put it on Box Office and tell them "You're on a contract" when they try leave.

Of course, I've seen many get out if it with screen grabs also on social media however it all depends if the person on the phone gets blagged by it or not because you can cancel your contract over this (I've seen people do it).

IMG_20190627_193159.jpg

Honestly, I think it's just a shame cause people were loving BT Sport before this but it's done a complete 360 has that now. 

0 Ratings
MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 66 of 94

This might not be true but if so basically lets get the UFC fans to pay for this.

Honestly, like I mentioned before I wouldn't mind supporting them on the odd Box Office event but they can't even be bothered to give us the Box Office access at all on our platform, they've taken it away from us completely and don't even care about that.

InShot_20190628_124354891_compress93.jpg

0 Ratings
garybs29
Contributor
Message 67 of 94

Interestingly despite them advertising the vbox office starting at 2330 the prelims are listed as being on BT Sport 1 from 2330-0300!!
MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 68 of 94

So it is, I don't hold my breath but it would be interesting to see if they're actually taking notice of this whole PPV thing being not only misleading to what they promised fans but also that the whole PPV model is wrong.

It's just someone obviously came up with the idea one day of charging a premium rate service under the PPV model to make loads of money off fans again taking advantage of not only their loyalty but their passion too. 

Fans pay enough to support the things they love with tickets, merchandise, subscriptions etc.. how much more are they going to take advantage of and these TV companies really can get their money from elsewhere (again, I mention advertisers because have you noticed how they use the angle of "No adverts" on PPV events which shows they are losing revenue there) and these advertisers will spend LOADS of money to have their adverts on these huge platforms (which would have MORE viewers if they weren't on PPV by default) so we know that they're just taking advantage of fans because they know fans will cave.

It's just a complete scam and it's about time fans UK, USA or wherever all stood up to this thing. 

They were doing perfectly fine without it before hand it's just an advantage they're taking from fans cause someone came up with the idea.

PPV should be reserved for bars and public places only.

Highlighted
garybs29
Contributor
Message 69 of 94

Will be interesting to see if they actually are on there, not that i'm buying it but it seems madness if it's 19.95 for 5 fights!!
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 70 of 94

@garybs29wrote:
Interestingly despite them advertising the vbox office starting at 2330 the prelims are listed as being on BT Sport 1 from 2330-0300!!

On closer look it states:

Live: UFC 239 Prelims

BT Sport 1 HD, Sat 6 Jul, 11.30 to 3.00am

Coverage of the Prelims at UFC 238 from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Visit bt.com/sport box office to find out how to watch the main card on BT Sport Box Office.

So who knows what is going on.

Stew

0 Ratings