cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cody21ellie9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 71 of 91

Re: UFC 239 to be shown on BT Sport Box Office

This is what is annoying me also in the us they watch there UFC events around 7pm or 10pm depending which country it's in and I also know all event times have been changed so that in America they haven't got to stay up to silly times , so there customers fans are paying loads of money right fair enough . So now to my point the UFC UK fans don't get this privilege we have to stay up all night till 3 am sometimes they don't finish till 7am so why should we pay same price I think it should be at least cheaper for us in UK cause of the inconvenience of the time also answering someones question if you got to btsport channel all the UFC 239 programming is there it even let's me record it all but then I go to box office channel and its same I think personally anything to do with UFC 239 will be charged apart from the countdown  cause that will hype more people so they can milk a few more fans also it's free on YouTube I can say this box office will do very good even amazing the card is stacked but I'm intrigued to see other numbered events what may not be as BIG as UFC 239 like for example UFC 240 July 27 Holloway vs edgar is not a great card to stay up really late for cyborg is on that  card and some other decent fights the main title fight is great but is it worth the same money , value as 239 I can't see the future but it's not even close for extra 20 pound on top of my subscription and extras bt keep seeming to add on every couple of months I have bought UFC 239 I sound like a hypocrite but I want to see how there gonna work it all and what can and can't be watched I'm not sure but I think on box office you can't actually record or pause like you could before these are some of the things I want to find out and confirm . And bt better believe when I'm paying an extra 20 pounds there's no mistakes , no loss of signal nothing I want to own the event I've just payed for I mean like saved on my btplayer at least or lie be asking for refund  immediately.

0 Ratings
MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 72 of 91

I think it's just the way it's advertised as I'm sure the prelims are on BT Sport as normal then the main card is the whole Box Office thing people are upset about. I know in the US they have to switch for the main card so they're probably just doing that.

That's the thing and I go back to how this whole Box Office thing is a complete scam for making as much money from fans as they can and taking advantage of them, someone obviously came up with this idea one day of this whole PPV thing and they've seen it work in the US so the TV companies are trying to copy it here and do it to us also.

They were perfectly fine before the PPV model came in, they never needed to do it before and they're definitely not short of money (although I have heard BT Sport have said they want to do this to make up for the 4 million they paid on football or something, how true that is I have no idea but if so why should we pay for that).

They really can get a ton of revenue from sponsors who will pay more while they have more viewers, we know that as they don't have them on Box Office so that's another thing we're paying for and they know this also.

I know I sound like a broken record but I have all admiration for Vince McMahon doing his WWE Network, he knew this would upset the TV companies and their PPV model would be affected by this but he did it for the fans and made his product more affordable and accessible rather than making it difficult for the fans (for various reasons) which is basically what the PPV model have been doing to fans for years (ripping them off and making it difficult as well as causing conflict between fans).

Fans pay enough, the premium PPV model thing should be reserved for pubs and bars and public places not people sat at home watching their events supporting their channels already.

I really do feel the PPV model needs to be scrapped and I don't just mean in the UK either but all over because it really just as an idea to rip off and rinse fans for pure greed, it always has been and it's about time fans stood up to this.

0 Ratings
MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 73 of 91

Seeing a lot of angry tweets even more so due to the fact BT Sport have continued to ignore them, the backlash has been unreal (rightly so) however they are getting more people even more angry by completely ignoring all their customers.

Tweets like this (one of thousands).

InShot_20190701_213203260_compress5.jpg

Honestly, I've never seen so much backlash in regards to something and they're making it worse by completely ignoring everyone also.

The PPV model is nothing but trouble, it does NO favours for fans OR the TV companies and it's about time it was scrapped altogether. 

0 Ratings
MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 74 of 91

Don't know if you guys want to see this, different stuff every time.

Still, regardless the whole PPV idea is not good! Look up a video in YouTube called "UFC 239 on BT Sport Box Office - Why this is a bad move" *edit*

InShot_20190702_165633919_compress5.jpg

None of them should be on Box Office or be paid premium prices from considering people already pay for their subscriptions to their TV provider.

That includes those in the US too, the PPV idea was just something someone came up with to milk fans in the first place and try to justify the fact they need to charge these prices which they don't need to do this at all. 

0 Ratings
MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 75 of 91

Interesting, my guess is they deleted it cause there was a mistake on the image more than likely but look, they've got the main card as part of BT Sport 1 there as well.

If this is the case this is FANTASTIC NEWS but my guess is it was a mistake probably.

However if not BT have got a chance to rectify themselves where as if they continue to go ahead with this and ignore they're just gonna go downhill big time!!

I guess the choice is theirs but look.

InShot_20190702_171625338_compress95.jpg

0 Ratings
MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 76 of 91

Yep, it was a mistake as I thought.

Ah well, they're gonna be their own downfall anyway which is a shame really cause they were awesome before all this.

UFC Now is brilliant by the way!! 

IMG_20190702_172736.jpg

0 Ratings
MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 77 of 91

BT Sport are definitely not short of money lol

Still, as I say BT have done a fantastic job bringing us the UFC up until now so it's just a shame really that they've ruined themselves with this. 

They've definitely lost a lot of respect they had from fans who absolutely loved BT Sport before this.

Jansen.jpg

0 Ratings
SuitedPower
Aspiring Contributor
Message 78 of 91

Total **bleep** move from BT.  

There's no way around it though, if they make more money doing it this way then they will keep doing it.  All the matters is the amount of buys vs the subscriptions lost from doing this.  We can moan all we like the only thing that will stop this happening is if the old way is more profitable for them.  I think it's going to be pretty close.  The majority of BT Sport subscriptions are for the Premier League/Champions League football.  UFC is probably a LOT lower down as the reason for subscribing but next on the list.  Hopefully these people cancel and don't buy the PPVs.

Either way BT I hate you and will now use any opening I can to get some money off my package.   I wasn't fussed about price rises before tbh.  I can't cancel as I am here mostly for the football :(.

0 Ratings
Bbostock
Message 79 of 91

Me too. I’ve had enough of BT, and this seals the deal. My contract is up soon, so I’m outa here. 

0 Ratings
SuitedPower
Aspiring Contributor
Message 80 of 91

A good tactic to use :

Make a formal complaint via email about the price of your total package with BT and cite some UFC being moved to PPV as the reason for this.  State you are now paying too much especially as this was not the way things were when you signed up.  You don't have to threaten to cancel and you might be pleasantly surprised at the results.  Making it a formal complaint is key to get them to listen.  They have to look at every possible option for you and give you the best possible deal for your situation.

I can't pretend to cancel as I want the football but I enjoy the UFC and will be hassling to get money off my total package because of this.

0 Ratings