cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bart187
Message 81 of 91

Re: UFC 239 to be shown on BT Sport Box Office

This is an absolute outrage for paying subscribers, I’m a massive ufc fan and the only reason I pay for BT Sport is to watch a UFC and now they’re making us pay box office on top.

What everyone needs to do is not pay for it and boycott it so they realise they can’t do it.

watch it on the internet, f*** them!!!!!

0 Ratings
moogie101
Beginner
Message 82 of 91

The ppv is now on the Sky epg to be shown on bt sports 3 on Friday 12/7 21.00

Dilema now is do I just avoid mma websites until then and watch it free on Friday or try and find the card online Sunday morning and hope not to stumble across spoilers?? 

0 Ratings
Tezzly
Message 83 of 91

100% cancelling now. Just made me realise I pay over the odds for two channels per month anyways.

0 Ratings
SuitedPower
Aspiring Contributor
Message 84 of 91

New article on this debacle

"UFC and BT Sport issue statements on controversial PPV box office decision"

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/ufc/1149371/UFC-BT-Sport-Box-Office-Pay-Per-View-Dave-Shaw-UFC-News-...

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 85 of 91

@SuitedPowerwrote:

New article on this debacle

"UFC and BT Sport issue statements on controversial PPV box office decision"

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/ufc/1149371/UFC-BT-Sport-Box-Office-Pay-Per-View-Dave-Shaw-UFC-News-...

Have a look at post 29

No communication from BT. Yet Box Office is hours away.

I just wonder what the PPV purchases are versus the cancellations = loss of income and reputation.

Stew

0 Ratings
SuitedPower
Aspiring Contributor
Message 86 of 91

"

Have a look at post 29

Stew"

There is new information in the updated one, have a look at the full articles and the dates on them both.

0 Ratings
columodwyer
Beginner
Message 87 of 91

Just so we, the consumer,  are all one the same page...

I'll genuinely be doing everything in my power to cancel by BT TV subscription.  Luckily I'm a freelancer with time on my hands and relish the chance to entertain a small courts visit.

I complained to BT and got this deeply unsatisfactory response which didn't address the issues of the contract between me and BT changing at all and didn't refer to the fact I want to cancel my service as a result. Lazy.

Thanks for taking the time to contact us about our UFC coverage.

This year we will make 2 or 3 of the biggest UFC numbered events Pay Per View. BT Sport will continue to broadcast the vast majority of live UFC events as well as over 100 hours of non-live programming including our new UFC show ‘Open Mat’, as part of a BT Sport subscription. 

BT Sport have exclusive rights to all live UFC main card events and over 100 hours of non-live programming as part of a multi-year agreement. UFC as PPV on BT Sport is determined by the agreement that BT has with UFC.

Thank-you again for taking the time to contact us, and we do hope you continue to enjoy our exclusive UFC coverage here on BT Sport.

0 Ratings
Blondeandy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 88 of 91

Yeah, i got that one. Seems they are pursuing this despite the backlash.

Am really annoyed at myself as put a complaint in and got caught on the hop a little. One of those "we will call you within 5 minutes" which gives you no chance to do any research on terms and what you want. Ended up agreeing to what seemed like a good deal until i realised that although the monthly amount was reasonable, the additional charges they dump on sky box owners(that i think are actually both unreasonable in principle and unreasonable in price)  took it back up to about £30 a month once they ceased to be free which plus PPV is too much.

I've tried to see if they'd improve the offer and even went the CEO email route but the stance they are currently taking is that locking me in for 18 months and bending me over a metaphorical barrel is more important than my retained longer term business. 

I've made it clear i'll be cancelling the extra bits after the free period and cancelling the whole thing as soon either they put the price up or the 18 months rolls round but absolutely no dice. They clearly have no idea how stubborn i can be and have pretty much given up on a potential lifetime of my revenue. 

I may take a little more time to push some finances their CEOs way as a final confirmation and just get clarity that their final position is that my long term business is irrelevant to them but then i'm done with the whole thing! Me paying for PPV is a minor consideration compared to this!

Any useful tips on incredibly irritating things i can do to just waste everyone at BTs time appreciated! 🙂

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 89 of 91

Well despite the criticism seems BT are not listening. UFC 242 will be on Box Office behind a second paywall.

https://twitter.com/btsportufc/status/1154791126345375745?s=21

Stew

0 Ratings
columodwyer
Beginner
Message 90 of 91

Just FYI...

After complaining, I've been offered the chance to cancel my Sports subscription without penalty, as is only right.

No point in complaining if I'm not going to follow through.  Sad that it's come to this.

0 Ratings