cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

UHD movies

I was wondering if there is any UHD films in the BT store. With a 4K box and Tv I can’t find any on there. If there isn’t any is there a reason for this. My Samsung 4K tv has Samsung tv built in and there is more 4k content on there including Rakuten Tv ( paid for movies) . It seems odd that there is no 4K movies available from BT Films. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: UHD movies

There's very little UHD content on BT TV other than football. I think Snatch is about it... 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@NigelB72 

Yes I have seen that Snatch is in UHD and watch live football. But why don’t they have any films. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I'd imagine it's down to cost, buy rates and also delivery.. BT's on-demand content is delivered by unicast and can you imagine the uproar from the masses if they suffered any kind of buffering a film?? The Karen's would be out in force because their 10mbps connections can't stream UHD because little Chardonnay and Blu are on the interweb... It's far safer to let others take that flack 🤣 Personally if I'm watching UHD rentals, I'll do them through Prime or Rakuten

Sky can do UHD films on demand because they have a vast library and their films are downloaded rather than streamed. So they download the first 10 minutes or so and continue downloading the rest while you watch the film.. 

Message 5 of 6

@NigelB72  Thanks that is a fair enough reason, I have watched UHD via the Rakuten app on the Samsung tv and that’s using a tv over Wi-fi and the picture is superb. 

Message 6 of 6

Paragraph 1. Perfect. Thank you.