cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bluemoon1
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Update players and apps.

Anyone else get this message recently "Can't update players and apps. Please try again or go to youview help." I noticed this yesterday when checking for any software update and clicked to update players and apps but says it can't. All connections are ok internet etc.Had this before a long while ago but now it's back again.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
4KTVFan
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Update players and apps.

Yes, I get this too... I know many youview users have reported this issue many, many, many times to youview...

...and yet it still goes unfixed...

...the reason youview says it's not been fixed is that while you get the error message, it's a mistake, and your box will in fact be able to update your apps... so why not just fix the error message! Come on youview! BT!

This lack of attention to errors in the youview software is sloppy, and, more importantly, worries customers that they have a fault with their box, the message even says to contact youview for help...

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

This was fixed quite a while ago but it does need the box to be power-cycled for it to take effect.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Whilst I believe Youview did announce a fix wayback the  message does still seem to occur so I would presume that some circumstances that cause it are still active.  

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7604511/update-players-and-apps

0 Ratings