cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 10

Viewing sky sports channels via the BT box and it’s a guide

Go to solution

Good morning all,

Is anyone else having difficulties viewing sky sports channels via the BT box and it’s guide?

Also, is anyone else unable to record or view sky sports channels via the BT box?

Currently, I’m only able to access sky sports channels via my NOW app and not via the guide on my BT box.  I’m also unable to record sky sports channels, or view any previously recorded sky sports programs on my BT box.

I’m also unable to record sky sports channels, or view any previously recorded sky sports programs on my BT box.

BT are suggesting that they have changed things and you are no longer able to do any of the above anymore. As I frequently get conflicting or incorrect information via BT customer services and representatives, I’m putting it out to the community to see if anyone else is having the same problem.

So, is anyone able to record sky sports channels, view previously recorded sky sports channels, and generally be able to watch sky sports channels via the BT box and the guide rather than having to  watch them via the actual Now App.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10

Access Sky Sports via BT guide

Go to solution

Good morning all,

Is anyone else having difficulties viewing sky sports channels via the BT box and it’s guide?

Also, is anyone else unable to record or view sky sports channels via the BT box?

Currently, I’m only able to access sky sports channels via my NOW app and not via the guide on my BT box.  I’m also unable to record sky sports channels, or view any previously recorded sky sports programs on my BT box.

I’m also unable to record sky sports channels, or view any previously recorded sky sports programs on my BT box.

BT are suggesting that they have changed things and you are no longer able to do any of the above anymore. As I frequently get conflicting or incorrect information via BT customer services and representatives, I’m putting it out to the community to see if anyone else is having the same problem.

So, is anyone able to record sky sports channels, view previously recorded sky sports channels, and generally be able to watch sky sports channels via the BT box and the guide rather than having to  watch them via the actual Now App.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Re: Viewing sky sports channels via the BT box and it’s a guide

Go to solution

If you have a NOWTV account which BT arranged for you and you pay as a part of your BT bill, then it should work in the BT Guide and the NOW app.

If you have a NOWTV account which you created with NOWTV and pay them for - then it will only work in the app.

Does that help?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
Thank you so much for your reply.

I do have a NOW account which was set up as part of my BT package, by BT and not directly with NowTV.

I have the top package for TV with BT and was told able to view all sky sports channels via the BT box and its guide. There was some issues with my service and BT had to close and reopen my account in order to rectify the problems. It’s only since then that I have not been able to view my previous recordings and sky sports via the BT box and its guide.

May I ask, do you have BTTV, and are you able to view sky sports channels via your BT box and the guide?
I’ve already spoken to 2 people I know who are currently able to view sky sports channels on the BT box via your guide, along with being able to record sky sports channels and view them to.

Many thanks
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

I have no problems with Sky Sports via NOW TV. All listed on the EPG and able to record.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Log onto MyBT > My Products & see if you actually have BT Sport enabled. Sounds like it was maybe missed off when the new account was created.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@Itsallgood

"There was some issues with my service and BT had to close and reopen my account in order to rectify the problems. It’s only since then that I have not been able to view my previous recordings and sky sports via the BT box and its guide."

This is where your problems stem from.  If you currently  hace either the VIP or Big Sport package then you should have the Sky Sports  channels in your EPG both SD and HD versions  and they should be recordable.  Without  knowing  why your account  was closed and then reestablished it is difficult  to say why this is happening , but it is pretty  clear this is an account setup issue.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

It sounds as if the EPG is still linked to the old account. I think you are going to need the help of one of the helpful mods here.

CS will have no idea

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Itsallgood,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I am sorry to see you can't record some of your channels. We'll need to look into your account and see exactly what you have and what you are meant to have. I've sent you a private message so we can look into it for you.

Thanks to everyone who flagged this to me.

Thanks
DanielS

Message 10 of 10

Re: Access Sky Sports via BT guide

Go to solution

Hi @Itsallgood I'm glad I was able to help you get the Now Tv channels working in your TV guide. For anyone following the thread, the solution was a factory reset keeping the recordings.

Neil