Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phillic3
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

W Channel

Go to solution

Hi, we have recently switched from Sky to BT TV and were told that we would not lose any channels as a result. However I cannot find the channel called 'W'. I have looked online and there are mixed messages about whether or not this is available. I have tried clicking on channel 311 but it says channel not available (it jumps from channel 271 to 332). Can you please advise?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: W Channel

Go to solution

Hi @Phillic3 if you have recently moved to BT TV then you should have one of the new Now TV packages. Unfortunately W is not included in these packages.  It is still available on the Classic Entertainment and old legacy packages.

Stew

0 Ratings
ney
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

What TV package are you on. For W is only available with the Classic Entertainment package and not any of the Now TV packages.

BT seem to be pushing the Now TV packages.

BT at times seem to be confusing customers as to what channels are on what package. It depends on who you get on the other end of the phone.

BT customer service at times is not great but I have seen worse customer service for other companies.

Darren

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Unfortunately you have been lied to and you are not alone.

If you have joined BT TV on any of the NOW TV based packs then you cannot access W as it isn’t available on NOW TV.

BT do have a TV pack called Classic Entertainment which includes W (although how much longer for though is up for debate), but you cannot mix that package with NOW TV channels and vice versa.

If you do a forum search you will find numerous complaints about the lack of clarity from BT sales on this. 

Phillic3
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks all, I feared that might be the case based on some of the other threads but it's frustrating given that we specifically asked them the question and were clearly not told the truth.

0 Ratings
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

If you feel you have been misled, then register a complaint.

Stew

0 Ratings