Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinH
Expert
Message 11 of 40

Re: WHY IS BT SPORT FREE--BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR A 10-00 FEE FOR CARD

@DaveBaines wrote:

@ypt wrote:

It would only hold water if you could get your water free, but most of us have to pay water rates!

I think I must be getting silly now!

Michael

Well if you drink water while watching BT sport it seems you have to include it in the price.

I sometimes like to get myself a meal from the chippy to eat on the settee while I watch some evening sport on BT. Looks like I need to factor that in now. It is a dear do.

Perhaps we should pro rata our rent and mortgage and work out what proportion we pay while watching BT sport.

Or we could just be sensible and accept that BT sport isn't quite free for everyone. You know, like adults.

Disagreed with you the other night, but 100% agree with you on this. People are being absurd on the 'not free' thing. 

0 Ratings
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 40

I don't have a computer so will BT give me one so I can have free BT Sport? Otherwise it's not free for me
0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 40

@MartinH wrote:

@DaveBaines wrote:

@ypt wrote:

It would only hold water if you could get your water free, but most of us have to pay water rates!

I think I must be getting silly now!

Michael

Well if you drink water while watching BT sport it seems you have to include it in the price.

I sometimes like to get myself a meal from the chippy to eat on the settee while I watch some evening sport on BT. Looks like I need to factor that in now. It is a dear do.

Perhaps we should pro rata our rent and mortgage and work out what proportion we pay while watching BT sport.

Or we could just be sensible and accept that BT sport isn't quite free for everyone. You know, like adults.

Disagreed with you the other night, but 100% agree with you on this. People are being absurd on the 'not free' thing. 

I don't think the OP is being absurd. I think he has a decent point. I also think Bt are making a big mistake to make BT sport genuinely free when you have a sky box but then add all these costs if you want a BT box. This venture might be about gaining and retaining broadband customers but BT should be encouraging people to use their TV service. 

The ones who want to drag in every utility bill you have are being absurd.

0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 40

@geo1986 wrote:
I don't have a computer so will BT give me one so I can have free BT Sport? Otherwise it's not free for me

Why don't you have a computer?

0 Ratings
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 40

It's broken and I have no money. Anyway I was just making a point about the stupidity of the argument. You can't watch twenty minutes of tv without hearing jake humphreys say you can get bt sport free with bt broadband. I must have missed the one where he said you can get it free with bt broadband and through your sky box with no additional charges.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 40

@geo1986 wrote:
It's broken and I have no money. Anyway I was just making a point about the stupidity of the argument. You can't watch twenty minutes of tv without hearing jake humphreys say you can get bt sport free with bt broadband. I must have missed the one where he said you can get it free with bt broadband and through your sky box with no additional charges.

Why would you be ordering BT broadband then?

0 Ratings
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 40

I think you've missed that my request for a free computer was a joke 🙂
0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 40

@geo1986 wrote:
I think you've missed that my request for a free computer was a joke 🙂

Oh yes, very funny.

Point is that none of these arguments hold up. People who order BT broadband have computers, that is why they are ordering. They have TV's too that are on all evening so the electricity use is not affected.

When an advert says BT Sport is free with Bt broadband then people quite rightly expect it to be free. OK it is free when watched online but people who don't watch TV that way have to pay for a box and card and subscription. So it isn't free for them.

All BT need to do is make this absolutely clear.

0 Ratings
itsmee
Contributor
Message 19 of 40

i already had youview, infinity, and btvision long before bt sport came out,  i can now watch btsport for no extra money from me, and until such time as they want extra money from me for the service as far as i am concerned it is free.....seems pretty straightforward to me, but then i`m not a pedantic **** (insert your own word here)....Smiley Wink

Telboy62
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 40

Dave, i know you have a bee in your bonnet about this, so here's my tuppenceworth.

BT say Sport is free with BT Broadband, and IT IS.

If someone chooses to join BT TV for all the other services it offers, as well as sports, you cant expect that to be free as well.

You dont "pay" for the box. You pay a one off activation fee of £49, a one off delivery charge of £6.95 (mine was anyway a year ago) and the box becomes your property as long as you fulfil the 12 month contract you willingly entered into.

Ok i agree, if we're being pedantic, its not absolutely free to watch on tv, but i joined BT 1 year ago, i have 2 sports channels i didn't have before, i can watch ESPN on my laptop, which i couldn't do before, and my bill has not gone up by 1 penny.

I'm happy with that.

Telboy.

0 Ratings