cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spudhead
Newbie
1,158 Views
Message 1 of 40

WHY IS BT SPORT FREE--BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR A 10-00 FEE FOR CARD

HOW CAN SOMETHING BE LISTED AS FREE --YET YOU HAVE TO PAY A ONE -OFF FEE FOR A CARD--ITS LIKE FREE STUFF IN SHOP BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY AN ENTRANCE FEE,,,I EVEN PHONED A MANAGER -BUT HE COULD NOT UNDERSTAND FREE = FREE,,NO PAYMENT...

From all the issues on here im glad i declined when i phoned to join--but declined over the FREE issue..

0 Ratings
39 REPLIES 39
bonsai
Contributor
1,152 Views
Message 2 of 40

Re: WHY IS BT SPORT FREE--BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR A 10-00 FEE FOR CARD

You also have to buy a TV Smiley Wink

 

It's free on the BT Sport site and on the mobile app.

andy_247
Aspiring Expert
1,147 Views
Message 3 of 40

Re: WHY IS BT SPORT FREE--BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR A 10-00 FEE FOR CARD


@spudhead wrote:

HOW CAN SOMETHING BE LISTED AS FREE --YET YOU HAVE TO PAY A ONE -OFF FEE FOR A CARD--ITS LIKE FREE STUFF IN SHOP BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY AN ENTRANCE FEE,,,I EVEN PHONED A MANAGER -BUT HE COULD NOT UNDERSTAND FREE = FREE,,NO PAYMENT...

From all the issues on here im glad i declined when i phoned to join--but declined over the FREE issue..


Because it is free - you can log on to the website or app and happily watch BT Sport for free. Now, if you choose to watch it in a different way, i.e. through your TV, then you might incur an additional cost in order for you to do that.

To use your shop analogy - if a shop advertises a free pot of ice cream, and when you claim it you say "can I have mine in a cone" - then it's not unreasonable if the shop say "yes of course, but that'll be 10p for the cone".

 

DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
1,139 Views
Message 4 of 40

Re: WHY IS BT SPORT FREE--BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR A 10-00 FEE FOR CARD


@bonsai wrote:

You also have to buy a TV Smiley Wink

 

It's free on the BT Sport site and on the mobile app.


Why would he have to buy a TV? He almost certainly already has one.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
1,130 Views
Message 5 of 40

Re: WHY IS BT SPORT FREE--BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR A 10-00 FEE FOR CARD


DaveBaines wrote:

Why would he have to buy a TV? He almost certainly already has one.


I think you missed a bit of irony there, Dave. Perhaps bonsai should have pointed out the cost of electricity instead.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
1,127 Views
Message 6 of 40

Re: WHY IS BT SPORT FREE--BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR A 10-00 FEE FOR CARD


@pottyperson wrote:

@DaveBaines wrote:

Why would he have to buy a TV? He almost certainly already has one.


I think you missed a bit of irony there, Dave. Perhaps bonsai should have pointed out the cost of electricity instead.


BT don't claim to give you free electricity. But they do claim to give you free BT sport.

 

Their ads should be more detailed. ie saying "Totally free for app viewers but additional charges apply to view through your set top box."

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
1,124 Views
Message 7 of 40

Re: WHY IS BT SPORT FREE--BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR A 10-00 FEE FOR CARD

Oh dear, I knew I shouldn't have pressed the Post button. Just about to do it again for the last time on this thread.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
1,119 Views
Message 8 of 40

Re: WHY IS BT SPORT FREE--BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR A 10-00 FEE FOR CARD

I am sorry but this electricity argument does not hold water. It suggests that no company can ever give you a free service because you have to power it via electricity.

 

It strikes me as a playground style argument, designed to just shut someone up and get one over on them. But under scrutiny it is meaningless. 

 

Apart from anything else, there are some people who don't pay for electricty (solar panels) and most people have their TVs on all evening anyway so having BT sport doesn't actually use any extra electricity.

 

Where is this leading. Are we going to include payments to opticians in the mix because some people wear glasses to watch BT sport.

 

 

0 Ratings
ypt
Aspiring Expert
1,115 Views
Message 9 of 40

Re: WHY IS BT SPORT FREE--BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR A 10-00 FEE FOR CARD

It would only hold water if you could get your water free, but most of us have to pay water rates!

 

I think I must be getting silly now!

 

Michael

0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
1,109 Views
Message 10 of 40

Re: WHY IS BT SPORT FREE--BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR A 10-00 FEE FOR CARD


@ypt wrote:

It would only hold water if you could get your water free, but most of us have to pay water rates!

 

I think I must be getting silly now!

 

Michael


Well if you drink water while watching BT sport it seems you have to include it in the price.

 

I sometimes like to get myself a meal from the chippy to eat on the settee while I watch some evening sport on BT. Looks like I need to factor that in now. It is a dear do.

 

Perhaps we should pro rata our rent and mortgage and work out what proportion we pay while watching BT sport.

 

Or we could just be sensible and accept that BT sport isn't quite free for everyone. You know, like adults.

0 Ratings