cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Watching recording from other box

Go to solution

I'm about to order BT TV (replacing Sky) to add to my existing BT phone + broadband. I'm planning to get a main box, and a 2nd one for the bedroom.

An advisor on chat said you can't watch on one box a program you've recorded on the other. This is surprising, as you can do it on my present Sky system. (So my family tell me – I haven't tried it myself).

Could this be because for the 2nd box I'm thinking of getting one that can record? (I understand this is £99 extra.) If I got the default type, that cannot record (like my present Sky 2nd box), would it be able to play programs recorded on the main box?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Watching recording from other box

Go to solution

@alandtfryer 

Only if you have SKY Q can you record a program and watch it on any of the mini boxes.  If you have the older sky hd boxes  and multi room you can only watch programs that are recorded on each individual box. The recordings are not interchangeable 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

BT TV (YouView) boxes currently have no way of sharing recordings with other devices - whether it be another BT TV box, or the app, or anything. It's one of the most commonly requested features, and I know that it's something we hope to add in the future, but currently there are too many technical (and some legal) restrictions that prevent it being possible.

p.s. before anyone else says it - yes, I know Sky Q do it; yes, EE were able to do it on their box; no, I don't know how they were able/allowed but we're not. I just know that we've tried many times over the years, and even managed to get it working on development boxes, but failed at the final hurdle - turning it into something we'd be allowed to release to the public.

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks very much for these answers.

0 Ratings