cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Message 1 of 11

Where can i watch the UCL and UEL European football finals?

To all the Football fans out there,

BT Sport has two huge football matches airing this week so I wanted to let you know where you can catch these games.  BT will be airing the finals to both BT Sport subscribers and non-subscribers 😀

First, up will see Man United take on Villarreal in Uefa's Europa League final, played in  Gdansk, Poland.  Coverage will begin at 6.30 pm on Wednesday 26th May with the match build-up followed by kick-off at 8 pm.  I have a particular interest in this game with being a lifelong Man United Fan 😁

Then on Saturday 29th May, you can watch Uefa's Champions League final which will see an all English final where Chelsea take on the Premiership champs in Manchester City which is being played in Porto, Portugal.  Coverage will begin at 6 pm on Saturday with kick-off following at 8 pm.

Here is a list of where you can catch both games which is available to both BT Sport subscribers and non-subscribers

YouTube stream available in 4K BT Sport App – Regular match HD stream, excluding BT Sport Ultimate

BT TV  -channel 430(HD), Channel 433(4K UHD)

Virgin channel  532(HD) & 533(4K UHD) Sky channel 413(HD), channel 867(SD) Timeline feature on select devices Timeline available on Samsung TV, Android TV, Amazon fire stick, PS4, PS5, Xbox and TBC Roku/NOW TV, Apple TV
Non-Subscribers ✔️ ✔️ ✔️
Subscribers ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ 

The BT Sport app will now also be available on Netgem boxes so Non-subscribers and subscribers can enjoy the finals there too.  You can also catch the games on your PC or laptop, to do this click on this link BTsport.com and then click on 'Watch Live'. 

Let's hope for two cracking games. 

Cheers

Sean

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Where can i watch the UCL and UEL European football finals?

Worth mentioning that both games will be in HDR and Atmos where available too.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 3 of 11

@SeanD  Thanks for showing where the matches can be watched.. I noticed the timeline feature is available on some tv’s via the Bt App for subscribers and was wondering if this feature could be brought to the BT Sport  channels in the future, or is it not possible even as a red button feature. Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Message 4 of 11

@Bluemoon1 wrote:

@SeanD  Thanks for showing where the matches can be watched.. I noticed the timeline feature is available on some tv’s via the Bt App for subscribers and was wondering if this feature could be brought to the BT Sport  channels in the future, or is it not possible even as a red button feature. Thanks in advance.

Good morning @Bluemoon1,

I have reached out to our BT sports team and have asked them if they have any plans to bring the timeline feature to our TV boxes.  They have confirmed that there are no plans as of yet to introduce the timeline feature to BT TV boxes but this is something that may change in the future 😉

Cheers

Sean 

Message 5 of 11

I have the by sport app on my tv as i used to subscribe. I saw the final is free tonight, but I can't get into the app using my old password. will it work from 6 pm tonight or will I need to delete and download the app again

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

@SeanD I have bt ultimate subscription as part of my phone contract as well as Large screen addon. I've only ever seen atmos once. I've got my android tv (nvidia shield) connected directly to my soundbar. All other apps output atmos fine, just not bt sport. Has something changed on my account? I'm watching the final  on ultimate right now and there's no atmos. Thanks

Edit to add - Even the app installed on my Samsung Tv doesn't cause the soundbar to output Atmos either

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

I'm sure the game was advertised as being in 4k HDR for free on YouTube, what happened to that, it's 1080p 30fps only as far as I can see even though the BT Sport Ultimate DOG is showing.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Hi, I'm surprised that BT isn't showing UCL Final in 4K on YouTube but did for Man Utd match on Wednesday night. Even though BT is advertising BT Sport Ultimate Live on it's YouTube channel, false advertising in my opinion.

Very disappointed, had to resort to watching it on my sky box in HD as no point watching it in HD on YouTube.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

In fact, it's in the first post here lol, clearly says 4k on YouTube as the Europa League final was. 

Maybe for the best that BT be are trying to offload their sport coverage as this nonsense doesn't make me want to subscribe one bit.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

I'm constantly checking the resolution on my phone (Sony 4K phone) just shows as 1080p, but nothing in 4K
0 Ratings