cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Where have all the music channels gone?!

I know it may seem a bit early for some but me and my husband love it when the Christmas songs come on the music channels 🙈. Why have we now only got MTV?? Last year we had heart, kiss etc etc and now they are all gone. Does anyone know why this would happen? Haven't changed our subscription.

Thank you 

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Where have all the music channels gone?!

These are radio channels. Kiss is on 713, heart is on 728.

On the Guide type 700 and you will get to the start of the radio channels.
If you can't find them then they may have been hidden on your box. Press the Yellow button to see them.

Do you have the channels hidden? Even if you do, you can still hear them by typing the channel number.

Richard

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 18

The radio channels you mention are Freeview stations, you may need to retune if you can't get them.

Not all transmitters have the full range of Freeview channels at the moment as Ofcom have recalled some of the frequencies they were using for mobile networks (5G).

See the chart at http://www.stevelarkins.freeuk.com/Freeview_digital_radio.htm the channel numbers (where available) are in the third column 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Thanks for your reply. 

I meant the actual music channels that show videos.

Thank you 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Hello again,

Anyone out there that can help? I don't mean radio stations I mean actual music channels.

Thank you! 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Hi @Abjoy, welcome back to the community and thanks for posting, if you're on one of the older BT TV plans like entertainment or entertainment extra then MTV was the only music channel we provided with those plans, the stations you've mentioned are radio channels that can be accessed via Freeview. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

But if you mean the Christmas TV channels showing movies, etc. then these have been lost in some areas as some channels are no longer available because frequencies have been cleared to allow for 5G mobile phones. Also some may not being transmitted on Freeview this year.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

Hello,

Thank you for replying. I haven't changed my plan and we had these music video channels last year but this year they are gone. I just renewed what we already had when I signed up for another year with BT. Could there be in error in my subscription?

Thanks

Abbie

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Channel 83 is Now 80’s, but AFAIK that’s the only music video channel on Freeview , a few years ago there was a few others but presumably they are no  longer transmitted ,  so nothing to do with your subscription, they were just on Freeview and now they are not....as far as any subscription channel on BTTV , there is MTV but that isn’t a rolling music video channel but shows things like Geordie Shore

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

Think @Abjoy means the likes of Heart TV that was on a red button channel.

Heart TV has now closed.

Now 90s is now on channel 271 with some other streamed channels but that channel dont work on Youview.

You need a smart TV has is HD or 4k and can pick up Freeview HD to get the channel.

You can still get music channels via the red button on 4music but that is also only if you got a Smart TV that is HD or 4k.

Darren

0 Ratings