cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Where have all the music channels gone?!

Thank you Darren I really appreciate your response 🙂 I'll check the red button music channels!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 12 of 18

Have you changed your TV since you last watched these channels, Samsung TVs' come with TV plus as standard with channels in the 4000 (four thousand) number range, could this be what you're referring to?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Thanks for your reply.

No we've always had the same TV but for some reason the channels have just disappeared. We used to have loads of channels that showed music videos. Very strange! 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

I have the exact same problem we have the 4k box so a year old box, my dad texted over the weekend to tell me that mtv classic is showing the Christmas songs yet searched for the channel and states no channel we have the full bt package too...even retuned the box. But nothing! 😞
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

I believe MTV Classic would be available on some legacy TV Packages , Of the currently marketed packages I believe it would be availble if you took the (nonFlexible) Classic Entertainment  package AND the More Entertainment add-on.

The flexible  packages Entertainment , Big Entertainment   and VIP include the NOW TV Entertainment Pass channels  - but MTV Classic is not part of that NOW TV pack.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Thank you Zulu, 

As my husband is the account holder, he contacted BT last night, we understand that VH1 closed down in January and were told the MTV Classic is not on ours anymore as we have the big entertainment package as well as others. However we have found that we have a fault with our box as we did not get the NOW 80s and NOW 90s channels. 

However I understand that the above channels are free view channels and not actually BTs yet the actual TVs work. So an engineer is booked to find the fault. 

🙂 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Hello, I'm on freeview and I know exactly what you mean, I like to get into festive music each year, and this year was somewhat of a disappointment as all the music video channels have gone. I did a bit of research and found out :

Kiss, the Box, Kerrang and others all got loaded onto a new experimental 'red button portal' that was accessed via 4 music

They then closed 4 music and turned it into E4 extra. I presume the red button services will have now gone, leaving freeviewers with nothing. 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Now 80's was usually rebranded Now Christmas over the festive period, but with the loss of the COM 7 Mux, which closed earlier in the year, that channel is only available in Manchester and via some newer connected TV's and boxes via streaming, rather than over the air freeview.

0 Ratings