cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Where is ITVX?? +. short recordings cont'

Go to solution

My menu listings still shows as ITV HUB;  NOT as ITV X, yet all on-line advertising says as from Nov it will be ITV X

Anybody have any idea?

Oh!! and my recordings are still getting cut short, tried watching RED and it finished some way short, VERY annoying and still nobody has come close to getting it sorted.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Where is ITVX?? +. short recordings cont'

Go to solution

ITV are yet to roll out ITVX on all platforms, it's coming to BT Pro boxes first early 2023.

Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks Richie

Shame this detail isn't made available, I'd searched on-line to no avail.

Rgds

Barry.   HNY to you!!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Forget ITVX as you'll be viewing short recordings.

I was under the impression that the select OnDemand stuff would be originals but I've found a full one minute cut from one Sweeney episode and 10 seconds from another.

I can understand there being some cuts when they decide to show an unsuitable programme during daytime - but can't see why they are then providing those over-cut versions on OnDemand too.

The cuts on NOT on the same episodes available on Amazon Prime Video.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

“ITV are yet to roll out ITVX on all platforms, it's coming to BT Pro boxes first early 2023.”

It seems a little strange that as ITV are one of the original shareholders of Youview, that they would prioritise the development of their new ITV X service on all other devices first, before releasing their app on BT TV/Youview.

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
Hi Ozsat. The "short recordings" I was referring to were those that actually cut short the record time, and you don't get to see the end of the programme!! Apologies if this led to any confusion. It an "ongoing " problem (HELLO BT??)
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

No confusion - I know what you meant - I have them too on Box Pro.

My point being that you can't even rely on the subscription on demand service to provide you with a complete episode.

@BarryT33wrote:
Hi Ozsat. The "short recordings" I was referring to were those that actually cut short the record time, and you don't get to see the end of the programme!! Apologies if this led to any confusion. It an "ongoing " problem (HELLO BT??)

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

@StewMwrote:

It seems a little strange that as ITV are one of the original shareholders of Youview, that they would prioritise the development of their new ITV X service on all other devices first, before releasing their app on BT TV/Youview.

I agree but probably the extra layers of complexity, the boxes have YouView firmware, then add the BT firmware then factor in they're delivered over multicast and you have all them extra layers to factor in.
A smart TV just needs the app, less hurdles to overcome but this is just my guess.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

@-Richie-

YYou got a link to where it says early 2023?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
biohazardx9

Yes, thanks: I recorded it as SOLVED at that point.
Still no luck with what causes short recordings though!!
0 Ratings