cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 31

Re: Which package includes Eurosport

@Control67 Eurosport unfortunately has now gone unless you cancel and revert back to your previous pack. History and H2 are joining NowTV in April. 

The bigger plan from Eurosport seems to be for them to move to a direct subscription model and not tied to legacy packs hence Eurosport Player.

0 Ratings
Control67
Beginner
Message 12 of 31

I guessed that was behind it. It's about time we could just pay as we watch something - so much simpler !
0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 31

@Takahashiwrote:

The point is here we have a new package called Big Sport so it would be fair to say this has been designed for the sports fan in mind. Furthermore, this can be bought without all the other rubbish channels bundled with it. And yet, not only does it not include Eurosport, but you can't even add it as a bolt on! You have to admit it was a special kind of numpty who made that decision.

As long as I can remember @Takahashi Eurosport has never been in a sports pack. even with Sky it was bundled into one of the entertainment packs. It's bizarre I agree, I'm not going near Now TV until I can get Eurosport and Alibi. Presumably Sky don't have a licensing agreement with Eurosport for Now TV, maybe because Eurosport have their own streaming player and want to cut out the middle man.

0 Ratings
Vik
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 31

I spoke with BT customer support today and they told me the Eurosport channels are no longer available on the box on any package. It was Eurosport that decided for BT customers to have access to the player through Amazon Prime which is 6 months free, so I will check that out let you know the outcome. Hope to catch the WSBK action this weekend from Australia..

0 Ratings
ledgie
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 31

Hi @Vik ,

What you've been told is not correct, Eurosport is available as part of the Classic Entertainment package. See here .

0 Ratings
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 31

Also, Amazon Movies is free for 6 months but you need to pay to add Eurosport.

Customer service staff at their best.

Stew

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 31

@ledgiewrote:

Hi @Vik ,

What you've been told is not correct, Eurosport is available as part of the Classic Entertainment package. See here .

My assumption is that the Classic package is purely there to push customers onto the other packages. It's fixed for 24 months, SD and you can't add any Now TV channels. 

0 Ratings
Vik
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 31

I was on the phone with them for 30min and i am shocked that they are not given accurate information by their team. And yes I just discovered you have to pay to access Eurosport player through Amazon Prime, it isn't free as promised by them. I guess another phone call is in order. Thanks ledgie and StewM for the info.

mswin341
Contributor
Message 19 of 31

@Vik , wrote.

What you've been told is not correct, Eurosport is available as part of the Classic Entertainment package.

Hi, does that mean, I can add the Classic Entertainment package, to my Big Sport package.

0 Ratings
nostra999
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 31

No wonder they want to go it alone for £7 per month - they can’t get anywhere near that from bt and sky.

0 Ratings