cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Why is BT Entertainment £12.00 but only has Now Entertainment at RRP£9.99

Hi - Reading my bill, it says I have BT Entertainment at £12.00 p/m and says it includes NOW Entertainment Membership at £9.99. Great, this is what I asked for, but where does the extra £3 come from? I have checked my NOW account (charged through BT) and it says I do not have the Boost option, so why is BT charging 3 quid more for NOW?
Thanks
Jason
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Why is BT Entertainment £12.00 but only has Now Entertainment at RRP£9.99

The NowTV Entertainment pass is £12.99 when bought through NowTV. They increased their prices a few months ago.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

@NigelB72 

Nope, it is still £9.99  unless you see different prices to me.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@Mbwiriwrote:
so why is BT charging 3 quid more for NOW?

Some combinations are better value :

Big Sport (All BT Sport and Sky Sport content) is currently £40 per month but 50% off for 6 months, that comes to £840 over 2 years, Sky Sports on it's own is £33.99 from NowTV, over 2 years is £815.76, essentially making the full BT Sports £24.24 for 2 years viewing.

VIP package is currently £65 per month, this includes Entertainment (£9.99 via NowTV), Sky Cinema (£11.99 via NowTV), Sky Sports (£33.99 via NowTV) plus HD Addon (£5.00 via NowTV) which comes to £60.97 per month but includes all BT Sport content, essentially making the full BT Sports pack £4.03 per month.

You also get a recordable box via BT with an RRP of £149, the box is provided free of charge on loan, replaced free of charge whilst you're a BT TV customer, via NowTV you can't record, you also get support for NowTV subscription from BT, you can switch the packages each month, convenience of having everything on 1 bill etc etc

Personally I feel it's good value but yes, you can find offers for NowTV via various retailers but they are not as common as they once were, you also need your own hardware unless you have a supported device, the Youview box is a decent piece of kit now, it supports Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, catch-up via BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and 5 plus more.

Message 5 of 8

@NoSirItWasntMe I've went on the NowTV website and it's saying £12.99

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@NigelB72 

"New Entertainment and Boost customers. After 7 day free trial, membership auto renews monthly at; £9.99 Entertainment; £3 NOW Boost. Unless cancelled. You can cancel anytime. HD available on selected content only."

The OP said he didn't have boost showing on his NowTV account.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

deleted - already posted by another user. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

HD add on for Now with BT has has gone up by 22p a month for me. So its now £5.22.

I dont see why the HD add on with BT has to be a little more a month than getting it direct from Now.

£9.99 for Now Entertainment and £11.99 for Sky Cinema. 

As I have the Now Big Entertainment and HD add on with BT.

Darren

0 Ratings