cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Why is BT Sport on Freeview?

Nobody can watch it so why bother putting it there and wasting freeiew bandwidth.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Why is BT Sport on Freeview?

People on BT vision who do not have infinity get their BT sport through DTT.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I have BT Infinity 2, I have a TV that plainly shows that BTSport is there - but I cannot watch it. 

BT says it is free to all Infinity users. 

I have it on my phone (where it is too small to watch), I have it on  my computer, It is on my iPad.

Why can I not have it on my TV when it is there?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

The "free" claim for BT broadband customers is based on internet access, which you have; you can watch that on a telly with an HDMI connection to a computer. Anybody with Freeview, BT customer or not, can receive the BT Sport channels but a BTTV subscription is necessary to decode them (though the content is delivered by broadband for BTTV customers with Infinity). Freeview delivers several other encrypted channels which have been around much longer than the BT Sport ones and similarly require a subscription with the owner.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
tvwatcher
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

I think we are talking about channel 57, this seems to be BT marketing channel and where they showed the opening show free to all freeview customers. I am not sure how long they will keep it and you never know they may have longer term plans on this

the actual DTT channels for BT sport are 58 and 59 which you will only be able to watch with a viewing card (unless you have infinity and then you are on 508 etc)

0 Ratings
C1Rider
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

It's not on Freeview for everyone so consider yourself " lucky " that you have a choice of where to watch Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
elle44
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

how do you get bt vision then because i signed up for tv and got a youview box i have infinity the youview box is junk in my opinion and the online player is broken also with constant screen tearing/ frame skipping 

0 Ratings