cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Why is BT getting rid of Fox TV

Go to solution

We watch stuff like NCIS on Fox tv and have just watched what we think is the last episode of series 18, but BT are now dropping Fox and replacing it with kids channels, why?? We are both in  our seventies, grandchildren are in Oz so it’s no use at all to us. Does anyone think we will be getting a reduction in our monthly charges?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Why is BT getting rid of Fox TV

Go to solution

BT are not dropping Fox - Fox is closing down in the UK and their content being moved to Disney+.

Sky, VirginMedia are BT are all losers.

@Waveydaveywrote:

We watch stuff like NCIS on Fox tv and have just watched what we think is the last episode of series 18, but BT are now dropping Fox and replacing it with kids channels, why?? We are both in  our seventies, grandchildren are in Oz so it’s no use at all to us. Does anyone think we will be getting a reduction in our monthly charges?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for the info, its a pity BT didnt explain this. Presume an additionl subscription is required for Disney+?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Yes - but it is one of the best value subscription services. It is NOT available on the BTtv box.

@Waveydaveywrote:

Thanks for the info, its a pity BT didnt explain this. Presume an additionl subscription is required for Disney+?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Bear in mind that Fox Uk channel is a  linear channel  , Disney + is a streaming player.  Fox Uk currently broadcasts a schedule of programmes that are licensed for that channel from a range of suppliers not just Disney owned companies. Whether Disney+ accquire streaming rights  (remember streaming rights are not the same as linear broadcasting rights) to these other non Disney programming and include them on their player will only become clear over time.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Of course there won't be a reduction. BT couldn't even be bothered to inform it's customers, let alone consider compensating for missing channels that you pay for.

After contacting customer services regarding this, the end position is that BT can do want it wants, when it wants without any consideration towards its it's their customers as they have put in their ever increasingly long contracts, that services many vary!!!! 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

"the end position is that BT can do want it wants, when it wants"

And don't forget the annual contracted, above inflation, price increases!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hysterically, BT have now emailed me, twice, to inform me that apparently my complaint concerning missing channels and no explanation, lack of compensation, offer to provide Disney + in good faith as they did not inform customers etc has now been closed! In my book complaints are only closed when an acceptable outcome has been achieved and an apology has been made! Excellent customer service yet again, BT! 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

BT are not very good with their emails about changes to services and only seem to send some of their customers emails when they feel like it.

Most people on here had got an email from BT about changes to the Now service before I got my email from BT.

BT customer service is not the best but I have seen much worse.

Darren

0 Ratings