Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

lost BBC1 and BBC2

Hi 

Several days ago I lost BBC1 and 2 on SD - I can still access on HD and via freeview (using ariel). 

I have retuned channels several times with and without ariel attached 

I have checked for work in my area (none) 

Prior to losing BBC 1 and 2 the stations wre badly pixilated. 

Broadband signal etc is good. 

Any ideas as to what I should do?

thanks 

Erica

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Message 2 of 8

Re: lost BBC1 and BBC2

@Erku welcome to the community and thanks for posting, that sounds like freeview signal problem. Can you try these signal checks to see if they help?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Hi
Sorry last reply did not show up.
I have tried all the above checks and still cannot access BBC1 and 2 EXCEPT via freeview. I am able to access BBC1 and 2 when i plug the ariel into the TV. It is inly through YouView that I cannot access BBC1 and 2 SD.
Erku
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

It may be worth reading this page.

Picture breakup or missing FreeView channels

You will need to connected to BT Broadband to access any links I post which are hosted on my website..
If you are connected to BT Broadband, and you cannot access them, then please let me know on this thread. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Hi

No problem with free view.  No problem with ariel until recently and I live miles from trasmitter .  My problem is with accessing BBC 1 and 2 on YourView. 

I have tried everything suggested (spent huge amount of time with ariels and wires) and now assume that YouView cannot support BBC1 and 2 non HD channel

Erku

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

@Erku wrote:

Hi

No problem with free view.  No problem with ariel until recently and I live miles from trasmitter .  My problem is with accessing BBC 1 and 2 on YourView. 

I have tried everything suggested (spent huge amount of time with ariels and wires) and now assume that YouView cannot support BBC1 and 2 non HD channel

Erku

Did you read the information on my web page regarding signal levels?

What signal level and signal quality are you seeing?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

My YouView guide does not show BBC 1 or 2 SD.  The BBC1 and 2 HD have 60-70% signal

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 8

Hi @Erku

Thanks for your posts and welcome back!

Sorry for the problems you're having watching BBC1 & BBC2 SD on your BT TV service.  Strange issue given the fact that you're able to watch those channels when you connect the aerial directly to your TV.

Can you send us over your details and we'll look into this for you from here?  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings