cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dimsum
Message 1 of 7

new BT TV Guide

I have no idea if this is the right "board". How can I stop the extra info appearing in the guide for the selected/highlighted prog.? The extra info (which appears after about 1 second) now covers other time slots and makes the whole thing difficult to read

6 REPLIES
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: new BT TV Guide

You can't get rid of it, I'm not keen on it either.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 7

The workaround is to 'press up' and highlight the programme on the channel above to read the later timeslots on the channel you want. Agree that it isn't ideal; they were obviously trying to get around the problem where you cannot quickly tell what a programme is about from it's shortened title in the EPG boxes. But I was used to going in to the entry to find out more if I was vaguely interested. Are there really a load of people who didn't like doing this?
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

This is definitely not one of their best or most useful updates. I'm sure that those defining what changes should be made don't regularly use Youview otherwise some of the missing functionality from the "upgrade" from OldGen (list based) would be reinstated.

Forunately I've not got this update yet & won't as I block updates through my router.

However, I very rarely use the EPG on the Youview box as I tend to use the phone app as this gives the missing options of alternative viewings , like offering HD or +1.

gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

There is a huge amount of blank real estate between the logo top right and the time top left where they could show this information for the currently highlighted programme and this is a common way of displaying this information on other makes of PVR.

Seems the shapes and colours person has more say than the ergonomics person at Youview.
0 Ratings
zippy3
Message 6 of 7

I agree 100%  - what were they thinking of? Do they not actually beta test these things - I too am sure that nobody actually wants that annoying function.

Get rid of it !

0 Ratings
IanHB
Message 7 of 7

This change is ridiculous. The enlarged text box obscures information one might want to read in adjacent boxes. It has been ill thought out (I'm assuming that dozens of strategy meetings took place before this was implemented - it can't possibly be some geek with a 'great idea' could it?). It needs to be changed back asap.
0 Ratings