cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

"Add TV" webpage misleading about Freeview

Go to solution

This is as much a comment as a question. I'm thinking of adding BT TV to the phone + broadband that I already have. (I'm leaving Sky, fed up with them.)

But I was nearly put off because the details of available packages at https://www.bt.com/tv/add list only 37 Freeview channels.

I asked on Chat, where the advisor assured me that Freeview is passed straight through the BT box to the TV set, so you get all the Freeview channels available in your area.

So why doesn't the webpage say that? If the advisor hadn't corrected the impression given by the webpage, I would probably have decided not to come to BT TV, because I thought I'd be losing a lot of Freeview channels.

So really this is a comment on that misleading webpage, which understates what BT TV is offering, and so nearly lost BT TV a customer.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: "Add TV" webpage misleading about Freeview

Go to solution

It's meant to base the checks on your postcode, the info is pulled from Freeview.
I guess maybe it's better to under promise and over deliver, you do get a cooling off period at least just in case.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

In the link that @alandtfryer  has posted which I believe is the same one accessible  from the community forum TV > Add Tv links

The see details  links on that page for the packages gives an inaccurate list of Freeview channels - there is  no availability check based upon  post code/address at this stage - it is simply an incorrect representation of the channels .

Thank ypu @alandtfryer for raising it.

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@zulu17wrote:

In the link that @alandtfryer  has posted which I believe is the same one accessible  from the community forum TV > Add Tv links

The see details  links on that page for the packages gives an inaccurate list of Freeview channels - there is  no availability check based upon  post code/address at this stage - it is simply an incorrect representation of the channels .

Yes, I see what you mean now, the postcode/area check is done durng the order journey.

Maybe @DarrenDev will be able to see if anything can be done to improve it, move the checker or add a note 'more channels available depending on local area, see freeview.co.uk to verify' or something like that

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
I'll pass this on to the TV product owner. Thanks for pointing it out. I recognise that grid of Freeview channels - I'm sure it was previously used with a caption that indicated that this was a selection of the channels available.
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks very much for these replies. Glad that my comment was helpful, and that my last remaining doubt about moving to BT TV has been cleared up.  I now intend to go onto the BT website and order BT TV today.

0 Ratings