cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sosages
Message 1 of 11

streaming quality

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else watching the liverpool / stoke game has rubbish quality.

i tested streaming since btsports was available and the streams were always great including a lot of french football.

today the quality seems rubbish, first time its been given a proper test?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
goodkarma84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: streaming quality

its not been great and crash a couple of times.
0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 3 of 11

All I can say is that since I've got 2 streams up and running the quality is awesome as per normal
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

I'm watching the HD channel and streaming is perfect, not one bit of pixellation and no disconnects.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 11

I'm peaking at about 15Mbps with two streams but the average is around 5Mbps.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Tomas12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

How do you know? What program are you using to see that?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 11

My router has a live graph
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 11

@sosages wrote:

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else watching the liverpool / stoke game has rubbish quality.

i tested streaming since btsports was available and the streams were always great including a lot of french football.

today the quality seems rubbish, first time its been given a proper test?

It isn't just you. It has made the national news

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23738793

0 Ratings
pgsenfield
Message 9 of 11

Am streaming BT Sport to my Laptop with HDMI connection to my HD TV. I watched the Fulham/Arsenal match on 24/8/2013 - no problem. Today 31/8/2013 I watched the Man City/Hull match. The streaming was smooth and not jerky. However I became aware that at times they were seamlessly repeating play I had seen before without any 'replay' indication. I was also aware that at times I was watching action where the commentary didn't match. At the end we were shown the players congratulating each other at the end of the game, but the commentary of the match was still continuing. If BT Sport wants to be taken seriously, they must sort out their streaming quality.

0 Ratings
Vetch
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Quote "The streaming was smooth and not jerky. However I became aware that at times they were seamlessly repeating play I had seen before without any 'replay' indication. I was also aware that at times I was watching action where the commentary didn't match. At the end we were shown the players congratulating each other at the end of the game, but the commentary of the match was still continuing. If BT Sport wants to be taken seriously, they must sort out their streaming quality."

I've had exactly the same problem today and on a on a couple of other occasions too. This must have cropped up before so if anyone knows of a link to where it's all explained I would appreciate it.

0 Ratings