cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Youview box keeps freezing/pixelating

Hi

I have a Humax DTRT2100 with software 3.7.164 it consistently pixelates and freezes on all BT provided channels especially sports channels when they are recorded, which is very frustrating bearing in mind the package costs.

The issue seems to be resolved by a factory reset, but this is needed every couple of days and you don’t know that  it’s needed until the recording or live is freezing pixelating.

I have a smart hub 2 withe FTTP and BT mesh discs, the youview box is connected to a mesh disc as i was assured this would solve my problem. Speed is fine 280 down and 50 up from the hub and 160 down 40 up from the wi-fi disc the youview box is connected to.

Any thoughts as the product is unusable 

Many thanks

Dave

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Youview box keeps freezing/pixelating

Hi @daveglos,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you're having problems with the BT TV box freezing and pixelating.

If you connect the BT TV Box directly to the Smart Hub 2 does the same thing happen?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Youview box keeps freezing/pixelating

Hi Paddy

It seems to work fine, which would suggest that the wi-fi mesh that was sold to me on the basis that it would fix the problem wasn’t the truth.

It only seems to be the BT box that has the problem and only with BT channels, anything else seems to be fine, so now tv on the bt box records fine as does eurosport

Any other network device works fine, xboxes, gaming pc’s etc

Many thanks

Dave

0 Ratings