cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Discovery+ app on BT TV 4K Recordable Box

Does anyone know if the Discovery+ app is going to appear on the 4k box ? 

I've read that it is now available on the non recordable BT Boxes. Just wondered if the other boxes might follow. 

We have an LG TV and the Discovery+ on there is unusable - buffers for a few seconds every 15-20 seconds - its a known issue that LG have apparently been working on for a few months but they cant provide an update of if / when it might be fixed. 

Otherwise I'm having to watch D+ on my android tablet. Perfectly adequate but would prefer on the TV. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Discovery+ app on BT TV 4K Recordable Box

My parents reconracted big sport pack and also have 4K box , parents told they could watch discovery plus on the box but I cannot see the app

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

@Clinton11 @batchwafc   The Discovery plus app is in the BT Pro box on the home screen it's the last one on list.  I don't think it's on any other box. If you don't have a Pro box you can request one from BT but you may have to return your existing 4k box so any recording will be lost. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

They are working on making the app available on some of their older boxes so I would keep an eye out. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

discovery are working on providing the discovery+ app on the G4 (BT TV Recordable Box) and G5 (BT TV 4K Recordable Box). It's taking longer than the Pro box due to the older hardware and lesser support for modern apps, but they're still supported boxes and will eventually get the app.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

It's been 4 months - any idea if this is getting closer to deployment for both the BT TV Recordable Boxes?

It didn't come down with the last software update.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Unfortunately they're still struggling to get it to work reliably on the older hardware, but they are still working on it.
Message 8 of 9

If you got an Amazon Firestick you could at a guess log on to the Discovery + app using your BT log in on there.

Message 9 of 9

Or a Roku stick...