cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Lucy ward

Dear BT 

Why is lucy ward commentating on men's football? If you check social media your viewers don't want her commentating. I've cancelled my BT subscription because she is awful to listen too. I now stream games via America  because they don't have females commentating.

I'm not the only person to not like her commentary, it's a common issue. Sky don't do it so why does BT ruin their reputation?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Lucy ward

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.

It would appear that you have resolved your own ridiculous post by cancelling your subscription so why did you bother posting about your disdain for women commentators.   

Message 3 of 12

@gg30340 

I am posting this because genders should commentate on their own sports. I cancelled BT sports because I was sick of hearing Lucy Ward talking nonsense on men's football games.

I take it you haven't listened to her drivel and poor commentary? 

Message 4 of 12

Possibly like yourself I am old enough to remember when Sports Commentaries were entirely made by Men and it was accepted that aught to be the case.

However times change  and if for the better that can only be an advancement.For me the influx of excellent female Commentators has enhanced many Sports,notably Formula 1,Cricket and Football and,I am sure,others.

There are too many Countries around the World (and even people in this Country!) that still appear to be "stuck in the Dark Ages" concerning  Girls' and Women's participation in Sport yet alone giving equal opportunities for Women to contribute their Knowledge and,possibly,different interesting Viewpoints.

Graham

Message 5 of 12

@Adalena 

She may be a poor commentator and I am sure so are many male commentators.

If you had left it at that fair enough but the fact you brought her gender into it shows that you are either a misogynist or a dinosaur or probably both.

I feel sorry for any female that knows you and has to listen your drivel and put up with your attitude because no doubt it is not limited to criticising sports commentators.

Message 6 of 12

Seriously? What century are we living in? 

kicking off because of gender is unacceptable. 

I assume you have a mother and maybe a sister or daughter, how would you react if someone said that to them? 

Message 7 of 12

These comments are abhorrent... 

Message 8 of 12

Hello Joey.  Get your facts right. Sky do it too and the ones that they use are also excellent.

Message 9 of 12

Have you ever watched BT/TNT Sport with Robbie Savage?...obviously not.

Lucy Ward may be **bleep** but she doesnt reflect all women, in the same way Robbie doesnt reflect all men. Lets not forget that BT also have Ally McCoist, in my opinion the best co-commentator out there, no one on Sky is that good. Sky employ a man in Jamie Carragher who spat at a car, he is also a terrible commentator with untold bias towards his own beloved Liverpool.

As footy fans we have to suffer through all sorts of dreadful commentary, Phil Neville and Michael Owen once upon a time. Seems ridiculous you will mention American Streams, assumption is those are being streamed illegally and will be at a fairly poor bitrate, I've seen these streams and the commentary is not better, even though they are British guys alot of the time they dont even know what is current and in some cases arent objective at all. You want to give up HD and UHD viewing for US streams just because of one commentator? Man you cant be helped and BT dont want you dude.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
Message 10 of 12

Crass & obnoxious as @Adalena posts are, it does raise a valid issue that some commentators, regardless of gender, will just grate. For me it's the  ever-present Darren Fletcher, whose inane rambling drive me mad.

It would be nice to have an audio option of just the stadium sound, without any commentary. That should even satisfy the Neanderthals...