cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Sky Sports HD

Go to solution

@BillyM @NigelB72 

Hi Billy, Still ca't get Ultimate.   I did as you suggested and checked my account. The add-ons say..

I've got  HD Extra, Box Nation, and Now Boost,  then it says....

• All 4 BT Sport channels, BoxNation from BT and access to BT Sport Ultimate in 4K if you’re eligible

Do you know what the 'eligible' status is?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Eligible mainly means if you have fast enough line speed. I think you need a minimum of 44mbps for BT Sport Ultimate on BT TV. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution
Ah, ok, that might be the issue, I've got Fibre1 only guarantees 30-35, Ultimate requires 44?, although I get 40+.
Thnaks for the update.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

@scharter Ultimate needs around 35mbps but to maintain QOS and spare bandwidth for other channels etc, they've set a buffer so that you can still record an other channel or use the internet while watching Ultimate.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

BT specify what's needed on the ordering page (see my message 8 above):

• If you’ve added BT Sport, you’ll also get access to our dedicated 4K UHD channel, BT Sport Ultimate (4K TV, 4K TV box and 44 Mb broadband required)

I'm on Full Fibre 100 (up to 150MB). I initially had my Pro Box connected via wi-fi but had one or two freezes. I decided to connect via Ethernet cable instead to remove any reliability concerns. Ultimate is excellent but it does push your setup.

Message 16 of 16

Go to solution
I think it's my broadband spped that is the issue (+/-40mbps).
0 Ratings