cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Swapping to BT Sport package

I understand that you can flexibly change your BT package but what I do find interesting is that if you changed from Entertainment to BT Sport there is a price jump from £18 to £25, but all other package prices are the same as for a new customer.

That doesn't seem right to me, and it is not as flexible as it first seems if you are going to be charged a higher premium. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Swapping to BT Sport package

I think that you will still get Netflix basic included in that package for £25. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Well it's a bit surprising that they don't include that to new customers as well (I've just checked), so it's effectively two different packages. 

Its a bit strange, seems like an anomaly to me.

I am in no rush I will see if the packages change after TNT comes in.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I think it’s been discussed on here recently that existing customers are not able to drop Netflix basic when swapping packages. It seems that the only way to avoid it is by taking Sport or Big Sport as a new customer. I’m not sure if it still applies to those swapping between Sport and Big Sport though. Perhaps someone could confirm that. I agree that it does seem a bit strange.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

From what I've been reading, Netflix are doing deals with TV companies to bundle in with other subscription packages because their direct subscription growth is slowing dramatic to the point they're dropping subscribers 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

According to the BT Consumer Price Guide

the Sport (with Netflix Basic included)  and Big Sport (with Netflix Basic included)  TV packages  are

"Available to existing customers who flex from Entertainment/ Big Entertainment/ VIP with Netflix to Sport or Big Sport only"

that has i believe always been the case.

0 Ratings