cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 27

Re: TNT SPORTS Terrible Picture Quality | May 2024

The issue seems to be isolated to live streaming sport on the Discovery+ App on smart TVs only. So using other devices or watching non live highlights shouldn’t cause any problems.

I’ve recently been watching the French Open and not had any issues which implies it may be TNT sports rather than Eurosport which causes problems through the smart tv app. 

The football tonight will confirm or disprove that theory.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 27

Just tried the live hockey streaming on TNT Sport 1 using the Discovery+ app on my Youview box and that seems fine.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 27

That makes sense as the issue is with the native app on smart TVs rather than any other devices like youview boxes.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 27

There are a lot of apps, that Google Play store does not allow support for on the Nvidia Shield TV Pro, however, Discovery + IS legitimately on there.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 27

@Sim1988wrote:
That makes sense as the issue is with the native app on smart TVs rather than any other devices like youview boxes.

I'm not a Samsung owner but can confirm the app on an LG smart TV is just as bad.

Not exactly scientific, but lends to your theory that it is most problematic on smart TVs.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 16 of 27

@Sim1988 

Forgot to update, but the rerun of the Europa final didn't show the slow picture degradation. But it was unwatchable due to horizontal pitch lines breaking up when the camera pans. That suggest to me it was lower quality to start with &/or a reduced frame rate.

Message 17 of 27

Interesting, I had a similar issue when I streamed that match live using airplay. The horizontal pitch lines flickered so much I couldn’t watch it. It’s a shame as that was the only solution I had to stream on the TV.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 27

So the picture issue is still occurring on the football tonight (TNT Sports | Discovery+ built in app | Samsung TV).

I’ve just called Discovery+ again quite **bleep** off and had it escalated but it doesn’t look like they’ve done anything about the issue. The tennis on Eurosport is fine (also on the Discovery+ app) so it’s definitely a TNT sports issue. It doesn’t even appear to be an app issue as the app is also hosting Eurosport. I will follow up tomorrow with my reference number.

I plan on cancelling my service even if it means just ending the direct debit if this isn’t resolved, as if I can’t enjoy football on TV I’m not paying.

Anyone with a similar issue (poor picture quality) watching live football on TNT Sports through the Discovery+ app on a smart tv please report it to 0800 066 5855.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 27

I watched the 90 mins on the app on the Pro Box without any picture issues, bar it being a game that would embarrass League 2! I then switched to the Samsung & the UHD channel is HD without HDR. Switching back to the Pro Box that also is now HD with no HDR. Switched off & going to bed...

Message 20 of 27

To be fair, I’m able to stream UHD on airplay now so I can’t complain, it wasn’t working before but is now!
0 Ratings