cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

TV Contract Confusion

Go to solution

I upgraded my broadband and tv package last week and its all gone through. However, i am now regretting my choice of ‘Big Sport’ as it comes out pricey. I submitted the form to cancel my order but have heard nothing. However, I was thinking today that I am happy with the broadband, its just the tv element i want to cut down.  I notice that the tv packages are flexible, so rather than cancel can I just change to a much lower package next month? How can I tell if I am on a flexible tv option? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: TV Contract Confusion

Go to solution

For the last few years all BT TV packages have the option to move to another option at anytime, that is the flexibility option, you can move to just BT Sport or Entertainment without renewing your minimum term*, previously any change would renew for another 24 months.

*switching to a standard priced tier means no new minimum term, you can sometimes be offered the same option with a discount which does renew the minimum term.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks Richie, so no need for me to cancel the order then? I can just move to a lower package next month. Now to decide if I am brave enough to call and wait so that I can stop the cancellation! 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

If/when the change is actioned and you're not contacted, you can just sign back up to a new BT TV package, worst case scenario is you reset the contract and it extends by 2 weeks from the initial renewal you just did.
Renewing BTTV will also renew the BB with the same discount automatically extending for the duration.

0 Ratings