cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Unable to watch anything on Netflix via 4K box

Go to solution

I subscribe to Netflix via BT and, until a couple of nights ago, i was able to watch it via my 4K box and my smart TV (Sony Bravia). For the last couple of days I can't get anything to play on Netflix via the 4K box. I get a message that says 'We're unable to play this title at the moment. Please try again later or select a different title."

So far, I've tried

• switching the box off at the mains and restarting it;
  • signing out of Netflix, and back in again;
  • playing something I watched a couple of nights ago; and
  • switched the router off/on

The software on the box is currently 32.148.0 and although it says there's an update available it gets to 75% and fails saying 'We can't update your software. Please try again later or visit bt.com/tverrors' - the latter bit is completely pointless since it doesn't give an error.

The other apps (iPlayer, Prime, etc.) stream programmes OK so it would appear to be a Netflix error although, if I'm honest I'm getting fed up of the problems with this box (green screens when trying to watch streamed content which means I have to switch off/on quite regularly and I've reset it 3 times.)

Anyone got any ideas how to resolve this issue with Netflix? Or the box update? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to watch anything on Netflix via 4K box

Go to solution

Have you tried a full reset?

Be warned you will lose recordings but BT are probably going to ask you to do it anyway before they replace it if a reset doesn’t work.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
I checked the connection speed that Netflix shows via the box - 87.02 Mbps via an ethernet cable less than 1m from the router. This I find a bit disturbing since I'm on Full fibre 900 or is this what I should be expecting?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @stereohaven 

Yes. Because I've had so may problems with the box I've given up recording anything; I never get to watch it 😢

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@Arthur_Braynewrote:
I checked the connection speed that Netflix shows via the box - 87.02 Mbps via an ethernet cable less than 1m from the router. This I find a bit disturbing since I'm on Full fibre 900 or is this what I should be expecting?

I believe the box only has a 100 Mbps Ethernet port so that is probably correct.

If a reset has failed to fix it you will likely need to talk to BT to get a replacement.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I've done yet another reset and all seems to be working now. 🤞 it stays that way

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Unfortunately Youview and hence BT TV boxes don't allow you to reinstall a single app/player when issues occur , the reset does a fresh installation of the apps,

0 Ratings